At a glance:
- Outstanding optics: The lens is constructed of a combination of fluorite and ultra low dispersion lens elements, which reduce aberrations and result in high-contrast, sharp images.
- 2 Image Stabilization modes: Mode 1 is a general mode for still photography, and Mode 2 smoothes up and down movements when panning with a moving subject.
- Fast focus: USM ultrasonic autofocus motor is fast, smooth and quiet; manual focus override is available even in AF mode.
- Focus range limiter: You can set the range of focus distances, to either 3.9′ to infinity or 8.2′ to infinity; both shorten focus times. These are great tools especially for sports photography.
- Great bokeh: The curved aperture blades create a perfectly round aperture at all settings, promoting pleasing out-of-focus areas and round specular highlights.
- Rugged build: The lens is sealed against dust and moisture.
Authorised Canon retailer Adorama has a very good bundle deal with the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II. The bundle includes:
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens, USA
- Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Inkjet Printer
- Pro Optic 77mm Digital Essentials Filter Kit
- Pro Optic Complete Optics Care and Cleaning Kit
- Canon SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, 13×19″, 50 Sheets