Just some weeks after having released the EOS 6D, Canon made a firmware update available for its entry level full frame camera. Click here to download. The update addresses the issue concerning movie playbacks on YouTube.
Thank you for using Canon products.
We have identified a phenomenon which prevents movie files shot using Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR cameras from being played back on YouTube.
EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera
Firmware Version 1.1.2 includes the countermeasures addressing the phenomenon. The new Firmware Version 1.1.2 can be downloaded by clicking here.
Movies shot when the camera was running firmware version 1.0.9 cannot be played back on YouTube, even after the firmware has been updated to 1.1.2. In order to playback these movies on YouTube (movies captured when the camera was running firmware version 1.0.9) please follow the instructions below.
1. Download the movie file(s) from the EOS 6D camera to your computer.
2. Start ImageBrowser EX, an application bundled with the EOS 6D.
3. After selecting the movie file(s) to be uploaded, select [Edit Movies] in the [Edit] tab from the menu bar of ImageBrowser EX.
4. “MovieEdit Task” will start. Save the movie using the [Save] menu on the screen.
5. Upload the saved movie to YouTube.
6. The movie can be played back on YouTube.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register the EOS 6D. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support