Nokishita posted the Canon EOS 6D Mark II price tags for Japan.
- EOS 6D Mark II body: 243,000 Yen (approx. $2,160)
- Kit with EF 24 – 105mm F 3.5-5.6 IS STM: 290,520 Yen (approx. $2,590)
- Kit with EF 24 – 70mm F4 L IS USM: 353,160 Yen ($3,150)
My take: the rumor suggesting a price of $1,999 for the Canon EOS 6D Mark II in the USA is still to consider. Even if the conversion from Yen is around $2,100, it doesn’t mean the price in the USA will the more or less exact conversion from the Yen. A price of $1,999 for the body is still likely.
The availability of the EOS 6D Mark II in August 2017 also seems confirmed once more.
The full specifications and features of the Canon EOS 6D Mark II leaked a few days ago. Here they are:
- 26.2MP (total number of pixels: 27.1 million pixels)
- DIGIC 7
- 45 points AF, all cross type
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- 7560 pixels RGB + IR metering sensor
- Viewfinder 98%
- Viewfinder magnification: 0.71x
- Burst rate 6.5 fps (up to about 4fps when servo AF is set for Live View shooting)
- Standard ISO: 100 – 40000 (extended ISO: 50 [L], 51200 [H 1], 102400 [H 2])
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 seconds, Valve, strobe synchronized maximum shutter speed 1/180 second
- Video: Full HD 60p, HD 60p
- 5 Axis Electronic Image Stabilization
- 4K time lapse movie
- Anti-flicker technology
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC connectivity
- Electronic level
- Battery: LP-E6N / LP-E6
- Battery lasts for approx. 1200 pictures (when using the viewfinder)
- Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-I card compatible)
- Size: 144.0 x 110.5 x 74.8 mm
- Weight: 685 g (body only), 765 g (including battery and SD card)
- Kit lens (overseas): “EF 24 – 70 mm F4L IS USM”, “EF 24 – 105 mm F 4 L IS II USM”, “EF 24 – 105 mm F 3.5 – 6 IS STM”
The announcement is a matter of one or two days. Stay tuned.