iFixit, well known for their teardown and repair instructions for Apple gear (and other stuff too), posted a detailed how to to disassemble (see above or click here) the good old Canon PowerShot G16. And if you need it, they posted repair instructions too.
- How to disassemble and repair the bottom circuit board
- How to disassemble and repair the display
- How to disassemble and repair the lens
- How to disassemble and repair the motherboard
Canon Powershot G16 at a glance:
- 12.1 Megapixel 1/1.7″ CMOS Sensor
- Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens (28-140mm)
- Optical Zoom Viewfinder and 3.0″ LCD
- Full HD 1080/60p Video
- DIGIC 6 Image Processing Engine
- Enhanced Wi-Fi Capabilities
- Continuous Shooting at 9.3 fps
- Intelligent IS Image Stabilization
- ISO 12800 and Canon HS SYSTEM
Ifixit, a site well known for tearing apart all kind of devices, posted a very detailed guide about how to disassemble the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II. While I do not reccomend you dismantle your new PowerShot G1 X Mark II, this is a usfeul guide for those who want to know how the G1 X Mark II is build, and for those having the skills to do some difficilut repair.
You can watch the interactive guide above, or follow the teardown on Ifixit.