DPreview published an interview with Masaya Maeda, Managing Director and Chief Executive, Image Communication Products Operations at Canon.
- There will be an EOS 70D, but the future of the semi-pro segment will see full-frame sensors
- The compact camera segment need fresh ideas, the PowerShot N is such an innovation
- Featuring larger sensors on compact cams isn’t the solution, market wouldn’t be large, below APS-C the next logical size is 1/2.3 inch
- If you want better low-light performance, then go APS-C
- The Canon EOS M (price & specs) didn’t sell as expected, but has good market shares in Japan and Sout-East Asia
- There will be more lenses for the EOS-M
- APS-C sensors may not be the future in the semi-pro segment. There will be “an increase in the number of full-frame models”
- The EOS 70D is in works, we will see it “some day in the future. Without fail.”
Support Canon Watch! I love to bring you all the latest news about everything that's related to Canon, and to photography. If you like what I am doing here, then consider buying your gear by clicking my affiliate links. You won't pay a penny more and I get a small commission that helps keep the site going. I only link well known and reputable sellers. Thank you for your support!