«So are there any negatives to owning this camera? Maybe just one. You will lose the ability to blame the camera for any shortcomings in your own photographic ability. The camera is what every Canon user has been waiting for and then some.»
That’s what you call a clear statement!
More points of Mr. Ascough’s hands-on review of a pre-production Canon EOS 5D Mark III…
- The body is much more solid than the 5D Mark II
- There is no perceptible shutter lag
- The viewfinder is a world away from the 5D Mark II
- Chimpers will love the new LCD (as will the video guys)
- [AF] is on a completely different planet to the 5D Mark
- [Canon] addressed every issue that we had with the 5D Mark II
The article can be read clicking here. There are also some sample pics. More 5D3 sample pics by Jeff Ascough can be seen on the CPN website clicking here (look for “Canon ambassador Jeff Ascough” on the right, in the “showcase” section).
Don’t miss the continuously updated EOS 5D Mark III page (click here) with lot’s of sample pics and movies, hands-on reviews, video, pre-order options and all the information you may want about Canon’s new FF cam.[via JA]