A member of Chinese forum mobile01 claims to know the US prices of the upcoming Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera. The weird thing: it’s suggested you get a $100 discount if you pre-order the EOS M5.
However, as weird as the rumor may be, here it is:
- M5 body only $899, pre-order $799
- M5 with EF-M 15-45 mm lens $1,098, pre-order $998
- M5 with EF-M 18-150mm lens $1,198, no pre-order discount
An introduction price of $899 for the EOS M5 is absolutely plausible. On the other hand, it’s hard to believe Canon will need to encourage sales for the EOS M5 with pre-order discounts, since this camera will sell like hot cakes at X-Mas.
Last week some reliable specifications leaked:
- Sensor: 24.2 million pixel APS-C CMOS
- Dual Pixel AF
- Touch AF (you can select AF point on the touchscreen while looking through the viewfinder)
- DIGIC 7
- ISO 100-25600
- Video: FullHD 60fps
- Dynamic NFC, Bluetooth built-in
- Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card
- Large tilting LCD monitor
- Fast Start-Up
- 5-axis electronic image stabilization (IBIS?)
- Size: 115.6 x 89.2 x 60.6 mm
- Weight: 427g
I wonder if such a discount was offered before. What do you think, are the discounts a hoax or the real thing?