Canon Deals: 5D Mark III ($2919), 24-105mm f/4L IS ($774, ref.), EOS 7D ($939, ref.), PowerShot G16 ($454)
5 interesting deals, first 4 at B&H Photo, last one on eBay:
Canon Rebel T5i with 18-55mm, 75-300mm, and 50mm Lenses Kit on sale for $849
Refurbished Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS for $774
Refurbished Canon EOS 7D bodies for $939
Canon Powershot G16 for $453.99 – price shows up after having added the item to the cart
- Top Rated Plus eBay seller getitdigital has the EOS 5D Mark III on sale for $2,919.29. USA model & warranty, free shipping.
To learn more about this new technology have a look at PetaPixel.
Lexar press release:
New Lexar Professional 3333x CFast 2.0 Card Provides Read Transfer Speeds up to 500MB/s* in Capacities up to 256GB
Fremont, CA, January 6, 2014 – Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today announced its technological leadership in the digital imaging market with the immediate sample availability of Lexar Professional 3333x CFast 2.0 cards and the Lexar Professional Workflow CFast 2.0 USB 3.0 reader for the Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution. The CFast 2.0 specification is the next generation of high performance memory cards designed for professional applications in still imaging and video capture.
Lexar Professional 3333x CFast 2.0 Card
With capacities available for sampling in 256GB, 128GB, 64GB, and 32GB, the Lexar Professional 3333x CFast 2.0 cards demonstrate new speed thresholds to capture high-quality images and 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video. Designed to maximize the capabilities of the next-generation of high-definition camcorders and high-resolution digital SLR cameras, the new cards provide a read transfer speed up to 3333x (500MB per second)*, which is three times faster than any CompactFlash card.** Additionally, the new Lexar Professional 3333x CFast 2.0 cards will support the Video Performance Guarantee (VPG-65) specification for professional-quality video capture, and includes the latest version of Image Rescue software.
Among the many high quality lenses released by Sigma lately, there is also the new Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM. This lens, thought for full-frame sensors, directly competes with Canon’s own EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, a well-known, reliable workhorse. The Sigma 24-105mm f/4 is the lens DxOMark said is the new reference standard for professionals.
The Phoblographer got their hands on the Sigma and reviewed it. About the build quality: “the Sigma 24-105mm f/4 is extremely well-built. It almost feels like a Zeiss lens“. Autofocus is “extremely quick throughout the entire range of the lens” and image stabilization “on this lens work wonders“. Not to forget that “the image quality of this lens is fantastic” and that the lens is absolutely sharp. In the conclusion the reviewer writes:
If I could only have one lens with me, this would be it. This lens.The Sigma 24-105mm f4. I emerged from testing this lens thinking this just may be the most well-rounded, practical lens I have ever used. It’s not about glitz or glamour. The Sigma 24-105mm f4 is about getting the shot. This lens is really good. It is civilized and can be put to work everywhere. Sigma put a lot of thought into this lens and it’s appreciated.
The review comes with sample images.
|update: the deal is no longer live.
The Canon EOS 6D is still on sale for $1499 at Amazon. Compare to $1799-$1899.
Announced yesterday, Canon’s new concept camera, the dual camera enabled Powershot N100 got its first hands-on review by engadget (with a 2min hands-on video). The N100 in some way follows the Powershot N. The N100 has a tiltable display, WiFi and NFC, and a rear facing camera (dual capture) to get a unique perspective on your life (and your life as photographer). The back camera is named “Story Camera” by Canon: “with the innovative and new Dual Capture mode, users can simultaneously capture special moments using the Main Camera, while the Story Camera, a rear facing sub-camera, will embed a picture of them onto the main image“.
The N100’s specifications (from Adorama’s product page):
- Dual Capture uses a rear-facing secondary camera to capture your expression while shooting and then creates a picture-in-picture effect.
- Story Highlights automatically selects and compiles images into an exciting highlight reel within the camera without the use of software.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows wireless transferring of images and video to compatible mobile devices, select social networking sites and your Wi-Fi enabled computer, and lets you remotely shoot using your smartphone or tablet.
- For easier Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) allows quick and simple pairing to a compatible Android device.
- The convenient Mobile Device Connect Button allows you to connect to your compatible Android or iOS device for quick and easy sharing.
- 5x Optical Zoom, bright f/1.8 and 24mm Wide-Angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer for excellent image quality.
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps provide excellent low-light performance.
- Creative Shot mode uses composition, color and lighting from your original image to create unique images with an artistic flair.
- Hybrid Auto records quick video clips before each still and compiles them together to make a short highlight reel.
- 3.0-inch tilt, capacitive touch panel LCD helps provide flexibility.
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video with a dedicated movie button.
Complete specifications and feature list after the break.