- Ultra bright lens
- 24 – 168mm 7x Zoom
- Super UD Lens
- DIGIC 6+
- Large 1″ Sensor
- All Magnesium Body
Starting today, Canon USA offers new permanent price drops on EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 6D, and EOS 7D Mark II DSLRs. All kits benefit also from instant rebates. Adorama has a landing page with all kits that got a price drop.
- EOS 5D Mark III – $300 price drop + $300 instant rebate – now on sale for $2,499 B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 5D Mark III with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS – $300 price drop + $300 instant rebate – now on sale for $3,099 B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 5D Mark III with EF 24-70mm f/4L IS – $300 price drop + $300 instant rebate – now on sale for $3,249 B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 6D – $100 price drop $300 instant rebate – now on sale for $1,399 – B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 6D with EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 STM – $100 price drop + $300 instant rebate – now on sale for $1,799 – B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 6D with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS – $100 price drop + $300 instant rebate – now on sale for $1,999 – B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 7D Mark II – $100 instant rebate – now on sale for $1,699 – B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 7D Mark II with 18-135mm IS STM lens – $100 instant rebate – now on sale for $2,049 – B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS Rebel SL1 – $150 instant rebate – now on sale for $399 – B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 70D – $200 instant rebate – now on sale for $999 – B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- EOS 70D with 18-135mm IS STM lens – $200 instant rebate – now on sale for $1,149 – B&H Photo | Adorama
Canon Explorer Eberhard Schuy was one of the first to use the recently launched 50.6 Megapixel EOS 5DS. In an interview with Canon Professional Network he highlights what he liked most of the EOS 5DS
On the subject of medium format competition, Eberhard is very frank. “This camera has no disadvantages to medium format cameras,” he states. “The most important thing is what quality the files are. When I need really large files it’s important to have something in reserve. With over 50 Megapixels we have all sorts of possibilities. With this sensor we can produce pictures for every kind of use, including big prints for advertising. So, in the future we will work with just one system in my studio, and that’s the 5D system. Depending on the nature of the job we can chose the EOS 5D Mark III or the EOS 5DS. And because we can use the same lenses, this not only saves time but also a lot of money!”
EOS 5DS and 5DS R previews and hands-on: Canon Japan’s EOS 5DS image and video samples and EOS 5DS R image samples. EOS 5DS and 5DS R preview at Photography Blog, hands-on and sample pics at ephotozine, preview at DPReview, CPN Europe Article, The Digital Picture. A tip about which lenses are best for the EOS 5DS at The Phoblographer. A more technical and in-depth article by CPN. First impression from the videographer’s point of view at EOSHD. Fotosidan interview with Mike Burnhill at CPS, Canon Europe to talk about the upcoming, high resolution Canon Eos 5Ds and 5Ds R (12min video). Hands-on video in Italian. Hands-on video in German.
Pre-orders. Note: pre-orders are not yet open. Sign up to be notified when Adorama starts accepting pre-orders, or check the links below to subscribe to the notification.
- Canon EOS 5DS – $3,699 – Amazon | Adorama | BHphoto
- Canon EOS 5DS R – $3,899 – Amazon | Adorama | BHphoto
There are some killer deals on eBay today. Note: on all eBay purchases apply coupon code CLC10OFF at check-out to get an additional $50 off. All listed deals ship free in the US and may be grey import items.
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II on sale for $1,399 by eBay seller getitdigital (99.5% positive ratings), compare to $1,799 on Amazon.
- Canon EOS 70D on sale for $699.99. Compare to $1,099 on Amazon.
- Canon EOS 6D on sale for $1,099. Compare to $1,099 on Amazon.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III on sale for $1,949.99. Compare to $3,099 on Amazon.
More good deals for Canon gear on eBay.
LensVid published an analysis of what happened to the photography industry in 2014. Their findings are based on the recently published CIPA statistics. While everything is resumed in the 12 minutes video above, the folks at LensVid sums it up:
- Camera manufacturing/sales (all types) went down in 2014 by 31% (in 2013 we looked at close to a 40% drop).
- Lenses manufacturing/sales (for DSLR/mirrorless cameras) went down in 2014 by 12% (in 2013 it went down by %20).
- Japan is still a huge photography market (13% of all cameras and 14% of all lenses sell in Japan which has less than 2% of the world’s population), however the rest of Asia is the only place which seems to gain any momentum in 2014.
- Mirrorless cameras (despite all the hype) are still just 7% of the entire camera market (up from a mere 5% in 2013).
- Compact cameras are a dying breed – going down from a 108 million units in 2010 to only 29 million in 2014 (and this number is likely to go down even further in 2015).
- Predicting the future of the camera market proved challenging in the past – IDC (the American market research, analysis and advisory firm) failed to predict what will happen to the mirrorless camera market. In 2012 they concluded that in 2014 we will see no less than 13 million mirrorless cameras sold worldwide. Only 3 million mirrorless cameras were actually sold…
Head over to LensVid for the full story and to see the infographic in the video at full resolution.[via LensVid]
|Seller bigvalueinc on eBay (99% positive ratings) has the Canon Rebel T5 on sale for $289.99. Compare to $400 on Amazon. This may be a grey import item. Free shipping in US and limited quantity. More good deals on Canon gear on eBay. Please note: use coupon code CLC10OFF at checkout to get $50 off = Rebel T5 for ridiculous $239.99!!|