Online retailer ProCam leaked more upcoming Canon gear: the Canon WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter for EOS-1D X Mark II. There were no rumors about the Canon WFT-E8A, which will sell for $599. The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II specs and images leaked on the same site.
The Canon WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter adds impressive wireless operation and speedy image transfer to the EOS-1D X Mark II camera. Featuring fast communication speed, expanded versatility and an enhanced user interface, the WFT-E8A not only boasts incredible speed, but also streamlines wireless photography configurations whether in the studio or on location. Supporting IEEE 802.11ac wireless protocol using both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands for high-speed image transfer, the WFT-E8A also features comprehensive smart device connectivity and numerous camera linked shooting options for advanced photography and movies. It’s an ideal complement to the speed and power of the EOS-1D X Mark II.
More specs after the break
The product presentation text for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II (to be announced today) has leaked on the site of an online retailer (thanks Rick).
Immense power. Phenomenal speed. A remarkable combination of innovation and refinement.
The new EOS-1D X Mark II camera is nothing but legendary every step of the way. Building on a heritage of sophisticated innovation, the EOS-1D X Mark II is blazingly fast. Up to 14 fps*(up to 16 fps* in Live View mode) can be captured at a burst rate of up to 170 RAWs with a CFast™ card, and an improved 61-point AF system helps deliver clean, sharp images quickly, even in dim light. This remarkable speed means faster recording too: 4K video can be recorded at up to 60 fps with smooth AF and strikingly clear detail. Combined with superb low-light performance thanks to its powerful sensor and expandable ISO range, the EOS-1D X Mark II performs brilliantly, swiftly and stunningly no matter when or where the photographer is shooting. From the stadium, safari or studio to virtually everywhere in between, the EOS-1D X Mark II maintains and enhances all the hallmarks of what Canon has to offer, marking a new page in the legacy of the EOS series of cameras.
- Fastest shooting EOS-1D, capable of up to 14 fps* full-resolution RAW or JPEG, and up to 16 fps* in Live View mode with new Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors.
- Achieves a maximum burst rate of up to 170 RAWs in continuous shooting at up to 16 fps, and 4K movies using CFast™ cards in the new CFast 2.0™** slot.
- Experience less noise in higher ISO images via a new 20.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, with an ISO range of 100–51200; expansion to ISO 409600.
- Improved AF performance through 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system with 41 cross-type points, improved center point focusing sensitivity to -3 EV and compatibility down to f/8***.
- Accurate subject tracking for stills and video with new EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF with 360,000-pixel metering sensor.
- 4K video (4096 x 2160) up to 60 fps (59.94), with an 8.8-Megapixel still frame grab**** in camera. Full 1080p HD capture up to 120 fps for slow motion.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF & Movie Servo AF for high speed, high frame rate and continuous autofocus during video shooting.
- View and control high quality stills and videos via the 3.2-inch touch panel LCD with 1.62 million dots.
- Increased resolution and fine detail, with lens aberration correction and diffraction correction via new in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer technology.
- Built-in GPS***** provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code via satellites.
- The new optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A is compatible with IEEE 802.11ac/n/a/g/b, supporting both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi® bands.
- Durable and rugged magnesium alloy body with dust- and-weather resistance for demanding shooting situations.
* Continuous shooting speed may vary depending on the shutter speed, the aperture, the lens being used, the battery charge and various camera settings.
More after the break
- 20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
- 4.5 frames per second continuous shooting
- 1080p HD video recording with manual controls
- 11-point AF system
- 3 inch LCD with 1,040,000 dots
- SD Memory
- DIGIC 5+ processor
- ISO 100 – 25600 plus 50, 51200, 102400 expanded
Specification and images of the upcoming Canon EOS-1D X Mark II leaked at Digicame-Info. The long touted 22MP sensor resolution turned out to be a hoax.
EDIT: Digicame-Info posted an updated and more detailed EOS-1D X Mark II spec list.:
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor. Dynamic range improvement
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC6 + processor
- ISO100-51200 (expanded in 409600)
- Continuous shooting of 14 frames / sec. 16 frames / second in the live view mode
- New mirror drive system that enables high-speed continuous shooting
- Continuous shooting The number of storable RAW at 170 frames (at 16 frames / sec.). Unlimited in JPEG
- 61-point AF system, which range is expanded. 41-point cross-type
- AF is -3EV correspondence
- With lighting AF point red
- AI AF accuracy and motion tracking has improved Servo AF III +
- 360000 dot photometric sensor. EOS iSA. EOS iTR
- 0.76 times the viewfinder magnification. 100% field of view
- Video 4K 60fps. Full HD120fps. 4K video can be recorded in internal CFast2.0 media
- Movie Servo AF
- LCD monitor 3.2 inches, 1.62 million dots. Touch panel.
- Camera digital lens Optimizer (DLO). Lens aberration correction. Diffraction correction
- CFast2.0 and compact flash of dual card slot
- GPS built-in
- 2-axis electronic level
- USB3.0 terminal, HDMI terminal
- W-FI option (WFT-E8A)
- The size of 158mm x 167.6mm x 82.6mm
- Weight 1340g
As you can see many of the rumoured specs turned out to be reliable, other were not. This is going to be Canon’s next powerhouse for the professional photographers.
Stay tuned for more images coming soon. The announcement of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II is expected on Monday next week.[via Digicame-Info]