We just reported that the Canon EOS M2 is set to be announced soon. Now, a few specs have been leaked. The EOS M2 could be announced in a few days.
- APS-C 18MP sensor
- Hybrid CMOS AF II
- AF speed is about 2.3 times the current type at one-shot AF · multi-point AF
- Video Servo AF
- Image processing engine DIGIC5
- Continuous shooting 4.6 frames / second
- ISO sensitivity up to ISO12800 (ISO25600 extended)
- The 8% reduction of body size (volume) compared with EOS M
- It is equipped with Wi-Fi
- Allows remote operation of the smartphone
- Can be transferred photos smartphone, printer, etc. iMAGE GATAWAY
Nothing to get particularly excited about, except for the size reduction and the built-in WiFi. But more than anything else: no Dual Pixel AF?? This looks to be a modest incremental evolution of the EOS M, not featuring Canon’s latest sensor and sensor technology. This appears to be the sensor of the Rebel SL1/EOS 100D.
Canon EOS M with 18-55mm IS STM lens on B&H for $299 (click here).