Good day to dive into the Canon Store’s listings of refurbished gear. Catalogs have stocked up in the lens and camera departments, and many items have additional Columbus Day savings.
Kirill Neiezhmakov made a timelapse and hyperlapse video of Hong Kong. This is for sure not your typical timelapse video. It’s a timelapse and hyperlapse video with a decent dose of psychedelic elements.
The video was made using two Canon EOS 60D, an Canon EOS 70D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4.0-5.6, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Samyang 8mm f/3.5, Canon EF 17-55mm f/2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L and a GoPro Hero 4. Adobe After Effects, Lightroom and LRTimelapse have been used for post-processing.
At a glance:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- Three Aspherical & Two UD Elements
- Subwavelength & Air Sphere Coatings
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Internal Focus; Full-Time MF Override
- Fluorine Coating on Exposed Elements
- Dust- and Water-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
If your based in UK, Park Cameras has the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III in stock.
If you’re in Germany, Calumet Photographic has the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III in stock.
At a glance:
- 30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 30 fps; 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- Native ISO 32000, Expanded to ISO 102400
- Dual Pixel RAW; AF Area Select Button
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- 7 fps Shooting; CF & SD Card Slots
- Built-In GPS and Wi-Fi with NFC
Time for a round-up of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV-related information.
ePhotozine reviewed the EOS 5D Mark IV, an excerpt:
Dual Pixel Raw works well, but the difference can be quite subtle, and time-consuming if you want to get the best out of it, for example, stacking shots for sharper macro photos, as all processing must be done on your computer and can’t be done on the camera. It would be better to use live view focus and the touch screen to get the photo right in camera in the first place (and here technologies such as face-detection, and eye-detection focus help in other camera brands). It would be nice if the screen tilted, particularly as using live-view for stills and video has become much more useful, and usable, with vastly improved live view focusing speeds.
In-depth 5D Mark IV Review – Probably not worth upgrading if you have a 5D Mark III, by DIY Photography (videos below)
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV sample image gallery at Amateur Photographer
Lensrentals.com Reviews the Canon 5D Mark IV, by LensRentals. An excerpt:
So is the Canon 5D Mark IV a worthy upgrade? Yes….yes it is. Canon managed to combine what we loved about the Canon 5d Mark III, and improved on it in every metric. The autofocus is better, the camera is faster, the video functionality has improved, the lowlight has been improved, and there are plenty of additional features to set it apart. The Canon 5d Mark IV is an exceptional camera and fixes a lot of practical issues I’ve had with previous models.
Updated Canon EOS 5D Mark IV real-world sample gallery, by DPReview
What’s New: EOS 5D Mark IV Touchscreen LCD – Canon Digital Learning Center
Canon 5D Mark IV Hands-on Review, Compared 5D Mark III, Sony A7R2, by PhotoRec TV (below)
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV: 4 Picks and 4 Pan, by Dustin Abbott (below)
Exploring the EOS 5D Mark IV with Paolo Pellegrin, by Canon Europe (below)
More world-wide order links after the break.
Canon filed a patent for a 300mm F2.8 IS ASPH lens.
According to the present invention, at the telephoto lens, a cemented lens and a non-spherical surface consisting of a glass material having an anomalous dispersion characteristic that used in the appropriate refractive power where appropriate, in the chromatic aberration of the correction and the entire optical system it is possible to achieve both of the reduction in size and weight to provide an optical system that has been made.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-173439
- Published 2016.9.29
- Filing date 2015.3.17
- Focal length 292.46
- F-number 2.91
- Angle of view 4.23
- Image height 21.64
- Overall length of the lens 273.95
- BF 60.81
Canon EOS 6D at a glance:
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 3.0″ Clear View High Resolution LCD
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Full HD 1080p with Manual Controls
- 11-Point AF with Center Cross-Type Point
- 63-Zone Dual Layer Metering Sensor
- Extended ISO Range of 50-102400
- Up to 4.5 Full Resolution FPS
- Built-In HDR and Multiple Exposure Modes
Top Rated Plus seller ElectronicsValley on eBay (99.7% positive ratings) has the Canon EOS 6D on sale at $1,099. Compare at $1,499. Free shipping. This is an import model, 1 year seller warranty.