Canon’s live stage presentation of their cloud-based service irista (10 minutes). irista was updated before Photokina 2014.
irista is available with a variety of storage options to suit individual requirements. The ‘entry’ tier offers up to 10 GB free-of-charge, while advanced enthusiasts or professional users requiring higher storage levels can choose from two advanced storage options, with 50 GB and 100 GB tiers available for the following monthly or annual cost:
- Up to 50GB: £4.49/€4.99 per month, or £45.00/€49.00 per year
- Up to 100GB: £9.99/€10.99 per month, or £99.99/€109.00 per year
[by Canon Europe on Youtube]
All in all the Canon 7D mark II offers surprisingly nice looking and clean video with lovely and accurate colors and no aliasing or moiré.
One or two years ago this camera would probably have sold like hot cakes. 5D mark III video in a much more affordable APS-C body and slow motion in full HD. But now that 4K is here for many the video might be too soft.
World-wide EOS 7D Mark II pre-order links after the break
Read the rest of this entry →
Adorama has a hot deal! Get the Canon Rebel T5 with the EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens and the PIXMA PRO-100 phot printer, and 50 sheets photo paper, all for just $349 after $50 instant discount and $350 mail-in rebate (info here). The bundle includes:
- Canon EOS Rebel T5 Digital SLR Camera
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
- Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Inkjet Printer
- Canon SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, 13×19″, 50 Sheets
Yongnuo is going to produce a 50mm f/1.4 lens for Canon’s EF mount. The lens has an amazing similarity to Canon’s EF 50mm f/1.4 lens. The Yongnuo 50mm f/1.4, the “first China-made large aperture autofocus lens”, is said to be slightly lighter than Canon’s equivalent, and to have a lower price tag (as expected).
Compare it to Canon’s EF 50mm f/1.4 lens:
Yongnuo 50mm f/1.4 specs:
- Lens Focal Length: 50mm
- Lens Construction: 6 Group 7
- Aperture blades: 8
- Minimum aperture: 22
- Closest focusing distance: 0.45 m
- Maximum magnification: 0.15 times
- Drive System: DC motors
- Filter diameter: 58mm
- Maximum diameter and length: about Φ75 × 58mm
- Weight: 239g
- The first China-made auto-focus lens;
- f/1.4 large aperture, can be the subject looks delicate and soft, and easily bokeh make photography even more fun;
- Supports auto focus and manual focus modes;
- Equipped with full-time manual focus function, auto focus can easily fix the focus position;
- Support M / AV / TV / P and other camera shooting mode, the aperture can be displayed in the EXIF data information;
- Support for full-frame and APS-C format camera;
- Using two high refractive lenses, effectively reduce and prevent dispersion.
A trusted source told me that the EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS 6D Mark II will feature a sensor with Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS Auto-Focus technology. Apparently Dual Pixel AF will not come with the EOS-1D X’s next iteration. The same source told me that the EOS 6D Mark II will feature a tilt-able display.
Dual Pixel AF on Canon’s next enthusiast and semi-pro full-frame DSLRs makes sense. First, Dual Pixel AF is a groundbreaking technology that has to and will be featured on all next Canon DSLRs. Second, Dual Pixel AF is a videographers dream. The 5D Mark IV will be committed to videography as the 5Ds before. Third, Canon just announced their first STM zoom lens with EF mount (i.e. for FF DSLRs), the EF 24-105mm IS STM; Dual Pixel AF and STM lenses work perfectly together. The fact that there is a full-frame STM zoom lens gives some credit to the rumor.
What do you think?