EOS-1D X Mark II at a glance:
- Fastest shooting EOS-1D, capable of up to 14 fps full-resolution RAW or JPEG, and up to 16 fps in Live View mode with new Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors.
- Achieves a maximum burst rate of up to 170 RAWs in continuous shooting at up to 16 fps, and 4K movies using CFast cards in the new CFast 2.0 slot.
- Experience less noise in higher ISO images via a new 20.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, with an ISO range of 100 51200; expansion to ISO 409600.
- Improved AF performance through 61-point, wide area AF system with 41 cross-type points, improved center point focusing sensitivity to -3 EV and compatibility down to f/8
- Accurate subject tracking for stills and video with new EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF with 360,000-pixel metering sensor.
- 4K video (4096 x 2160) up to 60 fps (59.94), with an 8.8-Megapixel still frame grab in camera. Full 1080p HD capture up to 120 fps for slow motion.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF & Movie Servo AF for high speed, high frame rate and continuous autofocus during video shooting.
- View and control high quality stills and videos via the 3.2-inch touch panel LCD with 1.62 million dots.
- Increased resolution and fine detail, with lens aberration correction and diffraction correction via new in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer technology.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code via satellites.
- The new optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A is compatible with IEEE 802.11ac/n/a/g/b, supporting both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands.
- Durable and rugged magnesium alloy body with dust- and-weather resistance for demanding shooting situations.
Guess if you have something left you want to know about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, then this 1 hour video by Tony & Chelsea Northrup will provide all the answers you were looking for.
- Covers Super 35 & APS-C Formats
- EF Mount
- T4.4 Constant Maximum Aperture
- 9-Blade Iris
- Parfocal with Minimized Focus Breathing
- Compatible with Servo Lens Controllers
- Optional Control Grip
- Image Stabilization & Auto Focus Support
- 180° Rotation for Focus
- Lightweight at only 2.65 lb
Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS servo zoom is a hot piece of gear for news and documentary shooters. Even if it is selling for over $5,000, it has to be considered “affordable” compared to other cine zoom lenses.
Newsshooter posted some exclusive video footage shot with a pre-production CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS. They used a Canon C300 Mark II for the tests. The C300 Mark II had beta firmware on board to make it work with the CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS.
If the pre-production sample is anything to go by then I think Canon have a winner on their hands. It might not be as long, or as wide as the ideal lens, but then it isn’t the price of a Fujinon Cabrio or Canon’s own CN7. It is a much more usable run-and-gun lens than the average stills zoom and the range is very usable. And for the price there are currently few alternatives. Read the review…
Gary Fong compares Canon’s tried and true EF 85mm F1.2 lens against Sony’s latest G Master 85mm F1.4 lens. The Sony 85mm F1.4 got a lot of press lately and it’s interesting to see how it compares to one of Canon’s most regarded lens.
Please note that there is a small typo in the video: the Canon images are shot at f/1.2 and not f/1.8. You can download all test shots from Gary Fong’s dropbox folder, and compare them by yourself.[via Sony Alpha Rumors via PetaPixel]
Canon EOS 5D Mark III at a glance:
- 22.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Includes Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L Lens
- 3.2″ Clear View High Resolution LCD
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processo
- 61-Point High Density AF
- Full HD 1080/30p and 720/60p Formats
- Built-In HDR and Multiple Exposure Modes
- Extended ISO Range (50-102400)
- Dual CF and SD Memory Card Slots
- Durable Magnesium-Alloy Construction
Top Rated Plus seller Electronics Valley on eBay (99.6% positive ratings) has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III with the EF 24-105mm F4L Is lens on sale at $2,499. Compare at $3,099. Free shipping in the US. Please note: this is an import model, 1 year US seller warranty applies.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II at a glance:
- 10fps full resolution continuous shooting with selectable burst speeds and silent shutter mode.
- 65-point all cross-type AF system with iTR, AI Servo AF III, AF Configuration tool and AF area selection lever.
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor with ISO 100-16,000 sensitivity, expandable to ISO 25,600 (H1) and 51,200 (H2).
- 150k pixel RGB+IR metering sensor with flicker detection.
- 100% magnification Intelligent Viewfinder II with electronic overlay, customisable information display and electronic level.
- Full HD 50p (PAL) 60p (NTSC) fps with Dual Pixel CMOS AF (at 30p) with manual adjustment of AF speed and tracking sensitivity.
- MP4 encoding for quick and easy sharing and file transfer.
- Uncompressed (4:2:2) HDMI output with sound.
- Improved weather resistance.
- CF and SD dual memory card slots.
- GPS with in-built digital compass.
- Peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration, real-time distortion correction during live view shooting.
- Multiple exposure mode.
- ‘SuperSpeed’ USB 3.0 for high-speed tethering and image/movie transfer.
- 200,000 shutter cycle life.
- Interchangeable focusing screens.
- Exposure compensation +/- 5 stops.
- Integrated Speedlite Transmitter.
Top Rated Plus seller Electronics Valley on eBay (99.6% positive ratings) has the Canon EOS 7D Mark II on sale at $1,149. Compare at $1,499. Free shipping the US. Please note: this is an import model, 1 year seller warranty.