Canon patent for a EF 24-300mm f/3.5-5.6 USM lens for full-frame sensors. The patent description doesn’t mention image stabilisation (IS), so it’s unlikely this will be the replacement for the Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS (announced 2001).
As usual, a filed patent doesn’t mean the described gear will necessarily hit the market. On the other hand, this may just be a patent on the way to the replacement for the 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6, and we could soon see another patent for a similar optical formula and with added IS.
- Patent Publication No. 2015-215438
- Published 2015.12.3
- Filing date 2014.5.9
- Focal length 24.70 101.33 292.01
- Fno 3.50 4.59 5.87
- ω (degrees) 41.22 12.05 4.24
- Image height 21.64 21.64 21.64
- Overall length of the lens 202.71 232.50 288.71
- BF 38.78 43.69 75.66