B&H still has Canon EOS M kits on fire sale, plus new discounts on the lenses. Let me sum it up:
- EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is discounted to $199 (click here), same price also on Amazon US.
- EF-M 22mm f/2 STM pancake lens discounted to $199 (click here)
- Canon EOS M with 22mm f/2 lens and 90EX Flash (black EOS M body) on sale for $399 (click here) – expires 7/31
- Canon EOS M with 18-55mm Lens and 90EX Flash (black, red & white EOS M bodies) on sale for $419 (click here) – expires 7/31
Needless to say that the kits are your best bet, a steal. And another thing: I got a production sample of the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens and are preparing a review. But there is one thing I want to anticipate: the EF-M 11-22mm is a tack sharp piece of lens!
Some more deals that may be of your interest, both from Adorama and both set to expire 7/29:
- Refurbished Canon Rebel T4i bodies for $575 (click here)
- Canon EOS 60D kit with EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS & EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS lenses on sale for $1349 (click here)
Korean site DicaHub (translated), after having provided the second independent Dual Pixel CMOS AF test I know about, produced another video to show and test how the Canon EOS 70D deals with moire artifacts. A pre-production model of the EOS 70D was used, along with the EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM. Is stunning the right adjective here?
We always need fast memory cards, and we need a lot of them. B&H has the SanDisk 16GB SDHC Extreme Class 10 UHS-I memory card in stock as a double pack for $47.50 (click here).
- 16GB Capacity
- Class 10 – UHS-1
- Max. Read Speed: 80MB/s
- Max. Write Speed: 60MB/s
- Water / Shock / X-ray Proof
- Built-in Write-Protect Switch
- Advanced Error Correction Code
- Downloadable RescuePRO Recovery Software
The Italians Are Coming is the title of a commercial for the Fiat 500L, shot with a Canon EOS 6D and a set of Tamron lenses, the SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, the SP 70-200mm f/2.8 DI VC USD and the SP 90mm F/2.8 DI MACRO 1:1 VC. The commercial was shot at 60fps and with shutter speed 1/125. I think it is rather interesting that such professionally made commercials are shot with a relatively inexpensive DSLR as the Canon EOS 6D is. That tells a lot about the performance and image quality of this kind of gear, about the results you can obtain. Moreover, third party lenses were used. Another sign of how well third party lens producer are catching up with the brand counterparts, the best example being the innovative Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM. Btw, the Tamron SP 70-200 f/2.8 lens is on sale at B&H for $1399 (click here) after a $100 mail-in rebate.
There is also a “behind the scenes” video after the break.
Three Canon DSLRs among the six first ranked on Amazon US DSLR Best Sellers list. The Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) is ranked first, the EOS 60D is ranked second, and the Rebel T3 (EOS 1100D) is ranked fourth. Similar situation on Amazon Germany DSLR Best Seller list: first is the Rebel T3i/EOS 600D, the new Rebel T5i/EOS 700D is ranked third, and the Rebel T3/EOS 1100D is ranked fourth.
Amazon US compact system camera best seller list is firmly lead by the Canon EOS M.