Seller AllNewShop win eBay (99.4% positive ratings) has an excellent deal on the Canon EOS 5D Mark III, on sale at $1,899. Compare at $2,499. Free shipping. Please note: this may be a grey import item.
Canon’s new EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM lens features a new AF motor technology, named Actuator Nano USM. The neat video below by Canon Imaging Plaza gives a 1 minute overview on this new tech. The previous version of this lens, the EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM, featured Canon’s STM technology.
The EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM is also made to work with Canon’s Power Zoom adapter (shown below).
The video below shows how the EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM works together with the Power Adater.
Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM overview after the break.
DPReview posted a real-world sample gallery shot with Sigma’s latest marvel, the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art lens. What so special with this lens (and with the awesome Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8?). It’s the following:
Sigma’s F1.8 zooms for APS-C are ground-breaking in the following sense: F1.8 on APS-C gives you around the depth-of-field control of F2.7 on full-frame. That makes Sigma’s 18-35/1.8 and 50-100/1.8 roughly equivalent to 27-53/2.7 and 75-150/2.7 lenses on full-frame, in terms of both DOF and noise (in low light) control […]. For some, these lenses go a long way in addressing some of the inherent disadvantages of the smaller sensor format.
Interesting short clip by Canon Imaging Plaza on YouTube about how Canon’s new Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics (BR) technology works. Pretty interesting.
The Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics (BR) lens is a compound lens that uses Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics. BR optics are made from an organic optical material developed by Canon, and have anomalous dispersion properties equal to or greater than fluorite. When combined with concave and convex lenses, they can correct chromatic aberration to a degree greater than previously achievable.
Canon EOS 1300D (Rebel T6) at a glance:
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and high-performance DIGIC 4+ Image Processor for excellent speed and quality.
- ISO 100–6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright light to low light.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®* and NFC** connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sitesand the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- 9-point AF system (including one center cross-type AF point) and AI Servo AF provide impressive autofocus performance with accurate results.
- High-performance Optical Viewfinder helps facilitate quick and accurate focusing by firmly framing and capturing the subject at hand.
- Large, 3.0-inch LCD monitor with 920,000 dots shows fine details and provides easy viewing.
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode simplifies settings for users without extensive photography experience.
- Feature Guide offers short descriptions of shooting modes, settings and effects for easy operation.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode for easy-to-use video capture.
- Continuous shooting up to 3.0 fps to capture action shots.
- Creative options made easy with imaging features like Basic+ and Creative Auto.
- Creative Filters including Toy Camera, Fisheye and Miniature Effect help you capture everything with a new perspective.
- Auto White Balance provides “white priority,” adjusting for the warmer tones under tungsten lighting.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.* Compatible with iOS® and Android™smartphone and tablets
Now it’s official. The replacement for the Canon EOS 1200D, the EOS 1300D (Rebel T6) is here. The EOS 1300D is available from early April with the following RRPs:
- EOS 1300D body only – £289.99/€ 399.99
- EOS 1300D + EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DCIII kit – £329.99/€459.99
- EOS 1300D + EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II kit – £369.99/ €519.99
Canon UK press release:
Distinctive photography, shared in an instant: the EOS 1300D
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 10 March 2016 – Canon today unveils a new entry-level EOS DSLR – the EOS 1300D. An ideal introduction to DSLR photography, the EOS 1300D includes Wi-Fi and Dynamic NFC to make sharing simpler than ever, alongside a range of improved features to help you take impressive, creative photos and movies. With an 18 megapixel sensor and responsive handling, the EOS 1300D is the perfect camera for capturing images with a distinct look and feel that are immediately shareable.
Capture quality in every shot
For photographs that stand out from the crowd, the EOS 1300D includes Canon’s DIGIC 4+ processor and a large APS-C sized, 18 megapixel sensor, letting you capture intricate detail and the diversity of colour in every scene. If you want to shoot scenes where people and items pop from blurred background, the EOS 1300D’s shallow depth of field capabilities deliver just that. From close up nature shots, portraits and full cityscapes, the camera helps you create original photographs you’ll want to share, wherever you find yourself. With more than 80 EF lenses and a range of other accessories to choose from, the EOS 1300D is a versatile DSLR that delivers the results you want today and flexibility for the future.
Learn, grow and take control
DSLR photography can be daunting for beginners, but with the EOS 1300D even first timers can take stunning quality photos straight out of the box. Scene Intelligent Mode puts the camera in full control and chooses the right setting for you – or with a twist of the mode dial you can opt for a shooting mode designed for specific subjects, such as the new Food mode. Responsive Auto Focus through the viewfinder ensures even moving subjects remain in focus, helping you shoot action scenes at three frames per second. For fun, unique creations you can also apply a series of Creative filters, such as Toy camera and Fish-eye.
As your photography skills progress you can take advantage of semi-automatic or full manual control modes. With the ability to choose your own creative settings, from aperture, shutter speed and ISO between 100 and 6,400 – which is expandable to ISO 12,800, the camera gives you the freedom to learn and shoot your favourite moments even as the light fades.
For professional-looking footage, you can capture every detail in Full HD quality, thanks to the large sensor, and shoot with a shallow depth of field to add a cinematic flare to your home and holiday movies. The camera offers the same manual control in movie mode as in stills. Using Video Snapshot mode you can also record a series of short clips, which can be automatically joined together in a slick video sequence that shows a summary of your day.
Share, store and rediscover
The EOS 1300D includes NFC and a host of new Wi-Fi connectivity features to help you store and share your photos on the go. Using NFC you can simply tap to connect to compatible Android smart devices and transfer your photos, or shoot remotely using Canon’s Camera Connect App. Ensuring all of your precious memories are stored safely is a must – with built-in Wi-Fi you can upload directly from your camera¹ to a range of cloud services, including irista from Canon, and create online galleries ready for sharing with loved ones. You can also connect the EOS 1300D to a Canon Connect Station CS100 for simple photo storage and sharing options.
EOS 1300D key features:
- Take distinctive photos that set you apart
- Easily connect and share your images with the world
- Explore your creativity in photos and movies
- Capture stunning detail with confidence
- Start you photographic journey with Canon
Park Cameras together with professional wildlife and aviation photographer Andy Rouse, organised a Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Event to be held in Park Camera’s Burgess Hill store on Thursday 17th March, and at at their store in Central London on Thursday 31st March.
This is a free event and places are limited. More information and registration at Park Cameras.
Andy [Rouse] will explain to you the benefits that the flagship camera in the Canon DSLR range can bring to you in your photography, and the variety of new features available, including a brand new full-frame 20.2MP sensor, improved autofocus capabilities, greater ISO flexibility and higher ISO capabilities (compared to its predecessor), 4K video and a whole lot more!
As a highly talented photographer, Andy has been in the trusted position as a Canon Explorer for a number years, and as such as been able to use his experience and passion for photography to test out the EOS-1D X Mark II, feeding back information, and test shots / videos back to Canon Europe to assist with the development of the product. There is therefore, no-one better to guide you through the camera, and to inspire your photography.
In addition to this, a technical expert from Canon UK will be on-hand to assist Andy with any questions you might have about the camera, or the range of Canon lenses / accessories that are available.