Video above: Mini photo projects with Canon
A round-up of assorted Canon news.
Explore the world of Canon optics – Canon USA
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Sample Image Gallery – Amateur Photographer
Master your camera: Controlling autofocus on the Canon EOS 5D Mark III – Amateur Photographer
Unleash the power of STM (Smooth Transition for Motion) – Canon USA
Canon EOS 750D Sample Image Gallery – Amateur Photographer
Fast, slick and double-quick : filming the Quant car with EOS C100 Mark II and EOS 70D – Canon Professional Network
Syncing time across multiple EOS camera bodies – Canon Digital Learning Center
Dear Canon and Nikon, I Have Some Suggestions – PetaPixel
Boniface Mwangi: activism, photography and making a difference – Canon Professional Network
Canon EOS 760D Sample Images – Photography Blog
Canon XC10 Footage – First Impressions and Review – Cinema5d
New Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II rumors surfaced. The replacement for the EF 35mm f/1.4L could be announced within the next 6 months. The new EF 35mm f/1.4L II is said to feature the latest coating technologies developed by Canon. Being an “L” lens it will obviously be weather sealed.
A smaller filter thread is also rumored, and the EF 35mm f/1.4L II may be a bit longer and bigger than its predecessor. According to the rumor, first samples are undergoing testing by select photographers. No announcement date is suggested. I guess the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L Mark II will be announced in Fall 2015.[via CR]
The new Nifty-Fifty is in stock and sells for $125 at Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama | DigitalRev (ships world-wide). Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM availability check for your country: Amazon, B&H Photo, Adorama, Canon USA, Digitalrev, eBay, Henry Canada, Newegg Canada, Alibaba.
EF 50mm f/1.8 STM specifications (taken from Adorama’s product page):
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed Focal Length Lens: ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur.
- 80mm effective focal-length: when attached to an APS-C camera optimal for portraits and photos of fast moving subjects such as children and pets.
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM): supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- Improved exterior design: includes new focus ring placement making it the most compact Canon 50mm lens.
- Metal mount: helps provide stability and ruggedness.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings: help deliver outstanding color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades): helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds. h
- Minimum focusing distance: of 14in (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x
Canon press release:
Canon Provides an “Assist” to Help Professional Photographers and Broadcasters Score High-Quality Images at Copa America Chile 2015
Canon U.S.A. to be Official Supplier
MELVILLE N.Y., June 05, 2015 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the Company will provide onsite service support to help professional photographers and broadcasters capture the iconic moments of Copa America Chile 2015. Canon’s professional onsite service support will include simple equipment repair, clean and check service and equipment loans to outfit professionals with the proper gear to capture the excitement on the field. Service and support will be available in the media centers in each of the nine stadia hosting matches in the tournament.
“Canon is thrilled to join the Latin America community once again in supporting the Copa America soccer tournament,” said Kenji Kobayashi, senior vice president, Canon U.S.A. Latin America Group. “This tournament is an excellent opportunity for Canon to strengthen our bond with our Latin American consumer and business markets. We are proud to provide onsite service and support to assist imaging professionals in sharing the action of the games with devoted fans across the world.”
The international soccer tournament will take place in Chile from June 11- July 4, 2015 in eight cities, with 12 countries participating, including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
For more information and contact about Canon Professional Service (CPS) for Copa America 2015 visit http://www.canon.cl/canon/cps/cps-en.htm.