I (thanks) and others have been notified that the NDAs (non disclosure agreements) for the EOS 7D replacement will expire early September.
CR speculates the dates could be either September 9 (Tuesday) or September 12 (Friday), 2014. They also got rumor that a new telephoto lens could be announced along with the EOS 7D replacement.
I always thought that the rumored announcement date in August was a bit weird. It’s hard to differentiate serious rumors from the rest. Photokina 2014 starts September 16, 2014, so an announcement during the first weeks of September makes sense.
By CanonUSA on Youtube:
Learn about the EOS 6D’s video features, including auto focus options during video capture, basic setup and recording, understand frame rates and compressions, and more
I made a big mistake reading the patent. Thanks to DicaHub I can correct it. The patent is not for a 400mm lens with built-in extender, but for a 1.4x extender for lenses that do not support contrast AF. With such lenses a “wobbling” effect can appear when shooting video. The patent refers to an extender with movable elements to suppress the “wobbling” effect.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-115410
- Publication date 2014.6.26
- Filing date 2012.12.7
- Master lens
- Focal length f = 390.09mm
- Fno. 2.90
- Half angle ω = 2.01 °
- Image height Y = 13.66mm
- The overall length of the lens 367.66mm
- BF 44.00mm
- 15 pieces of 11-group lens configuration
- Two fluorite
- Example 1
- Focal length f =-226.69mm
- 1.41x magnification
- Five 4-group lens configuration
- One piece of one sided aspherical
That’s a great deal Adorama put online, and it expires today, June 30.
Get the Canon Rebel SL1 with a 16GB SDHC memory card, a camera bag, and the Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Photo Printer – all for just $383 after $400 mail-in rebate. This is how it works:
- get the Rebel SL1 bundle (click here) – there is $150 instant rebate, final price is $449
- add the Canon PIXMA PRO-100 to the purchase – click here
- total price to pay for SL1 bundle and printer at checkout: $783
- claim $400 mail-in rebate – final price is $383
Great deal, hurry up it’s just for today!