Adorama has the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ATX Pro DX II lens on sale at $359 for limited time. Regular price is $449. Plus you get $17.96 back in Adorama rewards. Expires 12/12. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ATX Pro DX II overview after the break.
I always recommend to check Canon’s refurbished gear listings for deals:
- Refurbished DSLR
- Refurbished lenses
- Refurbished Powershot cameras
- Refurbished printers
- Refurbished Speedlite flashes
- Refurbished camcorders
Roger Cicala of LensRentals tore down Canon’s new EF 35mm f/1.4 II lens.
[…] we’re impressed with the Canon 35mm f/1.4 Mk II. The weather resistance appears better than most weather resistant lenses. […] The mechanical construction is beyond impressive. This lens is massively over-engineered compared to any other prime we’ve ever disassembled. It’s built like a tank where it counts; on the inside. Moving parts are huge and robust. Six big screws are used in locations where 3 smalls screws are common in other lenses. Heavy roller bearings move the focusing group, it doesn’t slide on little nylon collars. Read the review (and see the many pics of the teardown)…
All this engineering wizardry comes with a price. The EF 35mm f/1.4 II is not a budget lens, selling at $1,799. But then, I guess this is part of the “you get what you pay for” category. The EF 35mm f/1.4 II features Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics, an optical technology developed by Canon that corrects chromatic aberrations at an extremely high level.
- EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4-22
- Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics
- Two Aspherical Elements, One UD Element
- Subwavelength and Fluorine Coatings
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Weather-Sealed Design
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
DPReview posted this 12 minutes video on YouTube.
In this field test [DPReview] follow photographer Kiliii Fish to the Arctic, to the tiny fishing village of Barrow Alaska. Using the Canon EOS 750D/Rebel T6i – Canon’s 24MP entry-level DSLR – he’s in Barrow to document how the indigenous population is adapting to the changing environment up here in the far North.
- 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 19-Pt. Cross-Type AF, Hybrid CMOS AF III
- Expanded ISO 25600, 5 fps Shooting
- 7560-Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- EOS Scene Analysis
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
[via DIY Photography via Kiliii Fish]