The new Nifty-Fifty is in stock and sells for $125 at Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama | DigitalRev (ships world-wide). Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM availability check for your country: Amazon | B&H Photo | Digitalrev | eBay | Henry Canada | Newegg Canada | Alibaba | Adorama | Canon USA.
EF 50mm f/1.8 STM specifications (taken from Adorama’s product page):
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed Focal Length Lens: ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur.
- 80mm effective focal-length: when attached to an APS-C camera optimal for portraits and photos of fast moving subjects such as children and pets.
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM): supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- Improved exterior design: includes new focus ring placement making it the most compact Canon 50mm lens.
- Metal mount: helps provide stability and ruggedness.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings: help deliver outstanding color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades): helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds. h
- Minimum focusing distance: of 14in (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x
Canon press release:
Canon Provides an “Assist” to Help Professional Photographers and Broadcasters Score High-Quality Images at Copa America Chile 2015
Canon U.S.A. to be Official Supplier
MELVILLE N.Y., June 05, 2015 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the Company will provide onsite service support to help professional photographers and broadcasters capture the iconic moments of Copa America Chile 2015. Canon’s professional onsite service support will include simple equipment repair, clean and check service and equipment loans to outfit professionals with the proper gear to capture the excitement on the field. Service and support will be available in the media centers in each of the nine stadia hosting matches in the tournament.
“Canon is thrilled to join the Latin America community once again in supporting the Copa America soccer tournament,” said Kenji Kobayashi, senior vice president, Canon U.S.A. Latin America Group. “This tournament is an excellent opportunity for Canon to strengthen our bond with our Latin American consumer and business markets. We are proud to provide onsite service and support to assist imaging professionals in sharing the action of the games with devoted fans across the world.”
The international soccer tournament will take place in Chile from June 11- July 4, 2015 in eight cities, with 12 countries participating, including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
For more information and contact about Canon Professional Service (CPS) for Copa America 2015 visit http://www.canon.cl/canon/cps/cps-en.htm.
Canon press release:
Wildlife Gets A New Home: Canon U.S.A. Supports The Wildlife Conservation Society On The Renovation Of The Children’s Zoo At The Bronx Zoo
MELVILLE, N.Y., JUNE 4, 2015 – Through its 2015 sponsorship of WCS (Wildlife Conservation Society), a science-based conservation organization that helps save wildlife and wild places worldwide, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to announce its support for the renovation of the Children’s Zoo, a three-acre exhibit for children and families located in the Bronx Zoo in New York. Canon joined the Children’s Zoo official reopening event on May 30 with local community members to help celebrate the completed renovation.