After yesterday’s a bit confusing post about the new Canon rebates for selected lenses and SpeedLites, today things appear to be more clear. First of all: the rebates seem to expire on 11/23/14, and not 1/14/14 as previously posted (at least according to B&H’s landing page). Savings to up to $300. Rewards are also available, up to 4%.
Both B&H and Adorama have prepared landing pages so you can more easily spot the lenses that are suitable for an instant rebate or a mail-in rebate.
- Adorama has a landing page for the instant rebates (click here) and a landing page for the mail-in rebates (click here)
- B&H has an unified landing page for all lenses that get a rebate, either instant or mail-in (click here)
There is some pretty cool gear on the list, some examples:
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/4.0L IS USM Lens with $300 mail-in rebate on sale for $1,199 (Adorama | B&H)
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II with $300 mail-in rebate on sale for $1,999 (Adorama | B&H)
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Pancake Lens with $50 instant rebate on sale for $149 (Adorama | B&H)
- The highly popular Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens with $100 mail-in rebate on sale for $739 (Adorama | B&H)
- and much much more (Adorama IR | Adorama MIR | B&H)
If you want WiFi on your Canon EOS DSLR you have two choices: either get a WiFi enabled memory card, or get a pricey Wireless transmitter. If you want to go for the cheapest solution, and are kin to do some hacking, there is a nice solution for you (at least if you have an Android device). You need the following: an Android smartphone or tablet, a TV Stick with DLSR Controller Beta and DSLR Controller Wi-Fi Stick app installed, and a power bank that acts as a power source for the TV stick. The video above shows the setup.
Canon teams up with Disney/Pixar to offer “Monsters University” Print Studio with selected PIXMA printers
Canon Europe press release:
|London, 1st October 2013 – Canon Europe and Disney•Pixar today announced the launch of the Monsters University Print Studio, available with selected PIXMA printers. The Monsters University Print Studio allows users to get creative and make fun printed items for family and friends, using backdrops and characters from the hit film. The service offers a range of materials, including bespoke greetings cards, masks, party invitations and fun activity sheets, such as colouring in and spot the difference, with the purchase of a new Canon PIXMA MG6450 or PIXMA MG7150.|
|Monsters University, the prequel to Monsters, Inc., launches on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital on 11th November 2013 featuring everyone’s favourite characters – Mike and Sulley – as they meet for the first time. The Monsters University Print Studio is available from 1st October.
The Monsters University Print Studio templates can be accessed via the PIXMA Cloud Link service, available on both eligible PIXMA models, which allows you to print directly from the printer’s screen. The templates can also be printed via the new PIXMA Printing Solutions app, which allows you to print from a portable device such as a tablet or smartphone.The Canon PIXMA MG6450 and Canon PIXMA MG7150 are both available now, offering innovative features including direct access to cloud services and social networking sites, making printing photos and documents easier than ever.
For more information about the Canon PIXMA range, or the Monsters University Print Studio, please visit www.canon-europe.com/monsters-university
The FG16 Housing is ideal for outdoor and underwater photography. Underwater photographers can dive or snorkel and capture all the excitement of this fascinating world, while outdoor photographers also have the option of capturing the action of activities such as white water paddle sports, sailing, boating, surfing, fishing, hunting, backpacking and camping. The FG16 Housing is shock resistant and protects the camera from water, sand, dust, frost and other damaging elements.
The FG16 Housing was designed to be compatible with a complete accessory system, enabling photographers to enhance the quality of their images.
- Depth rated to 60m/200 feet
- Ergonomic design
- Made from durable injection molded Polycarbonate
- Full access to all camera controls & functions with clearly marked controls
- Shock resistant
- Double O-ring seal
- Special mount for lighting accessories
- Removable double fiber optic cable connection
- Removable flash diffuser
- Easy and secure installation of camera
- Removable anti-glare hood for the LCD screen
- BONUS – Moisture Detector comes installed in every FG16 housing at no additional cost!
- Dedicated video control button for easy video filming in any shooting mode
- Compatible with a wide range of underwater photo accessories
- Weight (with camera on land): 1.1 kg
- Weight (with camera in 3.6% salt water): -0.3 kg
- Dimensions (without accessories): 17 x 13 x 13.5 cm \ 6.7 x 5.11 x 5.4 inch (W x D x H)
- Manufacturer’s warranty included
Fantasea press release after the break.