Here is the first round-up of the most liked reader pics of the week. How it works:
1) Submit your picture with a short description on Canon Watch’s Facebook page
2) If you want like and comment the pictures from other readers on the Photo Stream
3) A selection of the most liked pictures will be posted every Sunday here on Canon Watch
Show the world what you are able to do with a Canon camera!
More pictures after the break
As usual, machine translated patents are hard to grasp. Feel free to correct me in the comment section if you think I got it wrong. I will edit the post if I was wrong.
Egami (translated) spotted a patent filed by Canon for an algorithm that selects the best shots from burst mode, and saves these pics in RAW. The not so good pics are kept in JPG format. This technology appears to be particularly interesting for cameras with high fps (frames per second), like the EOS 7D Mark II. Note: I think the patent refers to burst mode, though the machine translation gives back the term “panning”.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-150370
- Published Date 2014.8.21
- Filing date 2013.1.31
- Canon patents
- In panning, and evaluates the shooting each image, and automatically select whether to record in both RAW and JPEG
- The subject is or is included, evaluation method, contrast, etc.