Have the first Canon EOS 5D Mark IV test bodies been handed out to select photographers? That’s what a new rumour suggests. There are no new specifications to talk about, just some suggestions that the EOS 5D Mark IV will not feature the same DIGIC processor that’s expected to come on the EOS-1D X Mark II. Announcement of the EOS 5D Mark IV is still expected for Q4 2015.
Very little is known so far about the EOS 5D Mark IV. Here at Canon Watch we had a tip that the 5D Mark IV could come in two variants: one more video oriented, the other being a straight update to the EOS 5D Mark III.
Stay tuned…[via CR]
DPReview posted two sets of real-world sample pictures shot with Canon’s new Rebel T6i and Rebel T6s. Have you heard about the Rebel T6 sensor issue?
- Canon Rebel T6i (kits starting from $899) – Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- Canon Rebel T6s (kits starting from $1,099) – Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama
- EF Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 16-32mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4-5.6 to f/22
- Three Aspherical and Three SLD Elements
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- Internal Focus Design
- 6-Blade Diaphragm
The Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM lens offers an ultra-wide zoom solution to digital cameras, and was exclusively designed to suit the characteristics of digital SLR cameras. The super wide-angle capability of this zoom lens (equivalent range of approx. 16-32mm when used with a Canon digital SLR camera makes it a very powerful tool for both indoor and landscape photography.
DC lenses are exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras. The image circle (rear of lens) is made to match the smaller dimensions used for the image sensor on digital cameras. As a result, these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
- EX lens series denotes excellence of engineering and new technology
- Correction for various types of aberration provided by three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element and two aspherical lenses
- Equipped with the silent, responsive and high speed Hyper Sonic Motor and provides fulltime manual focus override
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.4″ (24 cm) at all focal lengths
- The IF (Internal Focusing) design offers smooth and fast autofocus and non-rotating filter attachment
Canon press release:
First details have been announced of the exhibition and screening schedule for the 27th Visa pour l’Image international festival of photojournalism – taking place in Perpignan, France, from 29 August to 13 September 2015.
Each year, many of the world’s best photographers head to Perpignan for the annual celebration of photojournalism that is Visa pour l’Image, an event that is held within the city’s finest churches and buildings.
Commenting on the programme for this year’s festival, Visa pour l’Image founder and director, Jean-François Leroy said: “When you look at the wealth of photography we have for the 2015 festival, when you look at what’s coming onto the market, when you look at the new names appearing, with new talent and more energy, when you wander around Perpignan in September, you realise that photojournalism is certainly not going to disappear. That’s good news.”
DPReview added a set of EOS 5DS R real world sample pics to their upcoming review of the EOSD 5DS and EOS 5DS R. Pleaye note that given the huge file size of the RAW sample, these files can be downloaded separately. All links and instructions can be found atDPReview.
Want to have a look at the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R features? The user manuals for the Canon EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R can be downloaded at Canon Europe.
Canon’s new EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R are available for pre-order: