Another review of Yongnuo’s budget lens, the 35mm f/2, by Shooting on a Budget. In the conclusion:
The autofocus in video has improved since the YongNuo 50/1.8. With that lens, the autofocus would hunt, but fail to catch. In this, it’s slower than the Canon, but it works somewhat. It will zip close pretty quickly, but then takes a handful of zips back and forth to finally catch, about 2 seconds worth.
DPReview posted 39 sample photos shot with the new Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM.
The new Nifty-Fifty is in stock and sells for $125 at Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama | DigitalRev (ships world-wide). Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM availability check for your country: Amazon | B&H Photo | Digitalrev | eBay | Adorama | Canon USA.
eBay seller electronicsvalley (98.5% positive ratings) has the Canon Rebel T5i/EOS 700D with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens on sale for $479. Compare at $649 on Amazon. Please note: this may be a grey import item. Free shipping in the USA.
- 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 5 FPS continuous shooting
- 9 point AF system, all cross type
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600)
- 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps) and 720 (60, 50 fps) HD video (29min limit, H.264 format)
- 3″ articulating touch panel LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots
- Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects
- Integrated speedlite transmitter
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction for better detail when shooting with high ISOs
- GPS compatible with the GP-E2 (sold separately)
Good time to check the Canon Direct Store. All refurbished departments have been stocked up and some of the items got a price drop:
- Refurbished Canon DSLRs
- Refurbished Canon lenses
- Refurbished Canon Speedlites
- Refurbished Canon Powershot cameras
Don’t waste time, some of the best deals won’t last for long. It doesn’t happen all too often that the Canon Direct Store has so many items in stock.