Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM specifications:
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Molded Glass Aspherical Element
- Three Special Low Dispersion Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Floating System & Large Diameter Design
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
- Thermally Stable Composite Material
- Brass Bayonet Mount
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
Firmware version 2.0.0 (download here) for GPS Receiver GP-E2 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in rare cases, the signal acquisition indicator on the GPS Receiver GP-E2 displays “Slow blinking (Signal acquired)” even if a signal is not yet acquired.
- Fixes a phenomenon which new log files may not be saved correctly if the built-in memory of the GPS Receiver GP-E2 becomes full.
- Support for the EOS Rebel T6s/EOS 760D and EOS Rebel T6i/EOS 750D cameras has been added.
- Support for the EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R cameras has been added.
Firmware version 1.2.0 (download here) for Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A incorporates the following improvement:
- Support has been added for the EOS 5Ds / EOS 5Ds R.
Photography Blog posted another gallery of sample pictures shot with a Canon EOS 5DS. This time they used the Canon EF 70-200 f/4L IS lens. The pics were taken at a local bike race, at 8pm with overcast sky, having poor light conditions. High ISO settings were required.
Update: You can now sign up at B&H Photo to get notified by email when the live stream starts.
B&H Photo will stream a live discussion panel for the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R on Monday, June 15, at 3PM EST. Photographer Gregory Heisler and Larry Becker and Rudy Winston from Canon USA are there to discuss everything you may want to learn about Canon’s high resolution DSLRs. Save the date!