This is a press release from Canon Europe. 40 Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1 will be used to capture visitor’s best poses (see below to learn more). Videos can be watched at www.youtube.com/user/CanonEurope
LONDON, 12 September 2013 – Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions, is once again supporting the British Fashion Council at the September 2013 London Fashion Week and Vodafone London Fashion Weekend events. As Official Imaging Partner to the British Fashion Council, Canon has a number of exciting initiatives underway to demonstrate the role of imaging in the fashion industry.
James Leipnik, Chief of Communication, Canon Europe, Middle East and Africa, commented: “Canon’s link with fashion is strong and enduring. During London Fashion Week and Vodafone London Fashion Weekend, our passion for the power of image will align closely with the creative skills of the world leading British fashion industry. Across a range of exciting activities that include printing an entire catwalk stage and working with an innovative fashion blogger, Canon will help ensure that great images from new collections shown in London are shared via social media to showcase design excellence around the world.”
Canon Professional Services (CPS) has been sharing its imaging expertise and helping professional photographers get the perfect shot at London Fashion Week events for the last eight years. The dedicated team of CPS technicians at the CPS centre at Somerset House will once again provide accredited professional photographers with advice, essential maintenance services, equipment loans and help with minor repairs.
As part of its initiative to support fashion designers, Canon has been working with Henry Holland to bring unique imagery to his House of Holland show and print his actual catwalk stage using an Océ Arizona flatbed printer. Canon will also collaborate with Ashish to create an instant Look Book about his eccentric and unique collection mixing Western and Eastern cultures, using Canon’s printing facilities.
During Vodafone London Fashion Weekend, Canon Fashion 360˚ Studio will provide an engaging, eye-catching and fun demonstration of the power of the image by encouraging attendees to look at an image from different angles. Visitors’ best poses will be captured by 40 Canon EOS 100D cameras in a purpose built studio and resulting images will be integrated into a four-second 360-degree film clip that can be immediately shared via the individual’s social media profiles.
Further highlights Canon’s sponsorship activities in London include:
- Blogger Andy Torres from StyleScrapbook.com will be back to tell a story of fashion, from creation to catwalk, through a series of interviews with leaders from the fashion industry, including Caroline Rush, CEO of the British Fashion Council, and professional photographer Clive Booth.
- Visitors to Vodafone London Fashion Weekend can try out Canon’s latest products in the touch and try zone of the Canon Fashion 360˚ Studio, Experts will be on hand to offer advice and direction on how to use the cameras to capture the best fashion moments.
- Canon is inviting accredited professional photographers to participate in the Canon Professional Network (CPN) ‘Best Shot’ competition to find that perfect fashion image.
- As part of the ‘Shoot like a Pro’ initiative, students from the CPN programme will also have the opportunity to shoot the catwalk at London Fashion Weekend and enter their images into the student version of the ‘Best Shot’ competition to win Canon kit.
- As the Digital Showcasing Partner at London Fashion Week, Canon will be providing live screenings of the latest in high street chic and haute couture, fashion shows, and designer presentations, in the Canon Cinema & Presentation Space within the BFC Courtyard Show Space at Somerset House.
- Canon-branded buses will transport professional photographers to and from various locations around London for catwalk shows.
London Fashion Week (13-17 September) is the biggest event on the British fashion calendar, with over 5,000 visitors at this year’s event. It is followed by Vodafone London Fashion Weekend (19-22 September), London’s largest and most exclusive designer shopping event open to the public biannually. Canon is also a Principal Sponsor of Milan Fashion Week and a Key Sponsor of Paris Fashion Week, and Professional Photo Partner of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Russia.
For the latest information about Canon and fashion, please see Canon’s Facebook and Twitter pages #canonfashion.