|eBay seller bigvalueinc (99.3 positive ratings) has the Canon EOS 60D kit with EF-S 18-135mm IS lens on sale for $769.99.
Free shipping in the USA
Samyang just announced a new 12mm f/2.8 Fisheye Full Frame lens.
Samyang press release:
Samyang Europe announces the upcoming Autumn release of the full-frame Samyang 12mm 1:2.8 ED AS NCS Fish-eye lens. The new model is yet another product of the Korean manufacturer and its widest 35mm film format lens. The lens will be officially introduced during Photokina fairs in Cologne on September 16th 2014.
Samyang 12mm 1:2.8 ED AS NCS Fish-eye is a bright, super wide-angle fish-eye lens designed especially for full-frame cameras. It offers the image area in 24 x 36mm format and the diagonal angle of view of 180 degrees. In terms of the optics, it is one of the most advanced “fish-eye” lenses. The product’s sophisticated optics consists of 12 lens elements arranged in 8 groups. This includes three elements made of low dispersion ED glass and two aspherical lens elements to ensure perfect image depth and minimized chromatic aberration. Samyang 12mm 1:2.8 ED AS NCS Fish-eye is the third lens of the brand (along with 10mm f/2.8 and 12mm f/2.0) with highly effective nanocrystal anti-reflection NCS coating applied together with standard UMC coatings. Owing to this solution and the fast aperture ratio (f/2.8) the lens can be used as a perfect tool in diverse lighting conditions, as it provides great focus, high contrast and natural colour reproduction even with the fully opened aperture. The premiere of Samyang 12mm 1:2.8 ED AS NCS Fish-eye is like a dream coming true for professional photographers and filmmakers who seem to have an increasing demand for this type of lenses since the release of 8mm and 7.5mm models, which are considered to be the best “fish-eye” lenses on the market.
Pics and samples after the break
Zeiss´new Otus 85mm f/1.4 lens has been DxOMarked.
The new Otus 85mm is without question the most desirable and best performing 85mm portrait lens available but at $4,490 it’s not for those without deep pockets. It’s also rather large and bulky […] and it lacks the convenience of autofocus. While that may not be an issue for most enthusiasts or professionals (particularly as AF is at best difficult with f1.4 models) it’s likely to further limit its appeal, even if the real reason is obvious.
Specs and description after the break.
The glorious Canon EOS 7D
I got some new EOS 7D Mark II specifications (thanks) that contradict the specs I got previously.
These specs are largely identical with the spec list posted by CR, with a few differences. The source told me that:
- The EOS 7D Mark II sports a 20.2 MP sensor but it is not the same sensor as featured on the EOS 70D
- The AF has 65 points but only 32 are cross-type. Center point is dual cross. f/8 on center point
- The EOS 7D Mark II has a “pro build quality” (whatever this means in detail)
- Price in EU will be €1800 (that could mean something around $1,990 in the US)
Moreover, the source told me that the EOS 7D Mark II has already been presented to resellers.
This is the spec list posted at CR:
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS (no STM)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- GPS is in the camera
- No WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP APS-C Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- f/8 on center point at least, could be on more points.
- ISO 100-12800, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
- New Battery – LP-E6N
- New Battery Grip BG-E16
This deal is still live!
|Top Rated Plus seller getitdigital (99.3% positive ratings) on eBay has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III on sale for $2,659.99.