Check a set of 91 JPEG and 20 raw images taken with a final production version of the Canon EOS 5DS, running v1.01 firmware. Enjoy and let me know what you think if you want. And, btw, both the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R started shipping. Got yours?
Canon is rumored to hold an EXPO in 2015, where they showcase their latest technology. For the time being two locations are rumored but I am sure there will be more cities where Canon will hold their EXPO 2015.
- New York City: September 9, 2015 – September 11, 2015
- Paris: October 13, 2015 – October 15, 2015
Ok, the Canon EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R production models started shipping, at least for select customers and top reviewing sites. Photography Blog on Facebook just posted an image of the EOS 5DS production model they got for review. Can’t wait to read the first reviews on a production model. The reviews on pre-production models have all been very good. Let’s see.
Everything is pointing to mass shipping starting mid June, but maybe Canon is about to anticipate it.
Though the Canon EOS M2 is supposed not to be on sale in the USA (and neither in Europe), it is on sale at Amazon US:
- EOS M2 with the very good performing EF-M 22mm f/2 STM pancake lens is on sale for $452
- EOS M2 body only on sale for $350
- EOS M2 with EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 90EX Speedlight Flash & EF to EF-M adapter on sale for $522
Btw, there are more EOS M2 kits on sale at Amazon US
- 18.0-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 processing
- Hybrid CMOS AF II system
- Sensitivity: ISO 100-12,800, expandable to ISO 25,600
- 4.6 FPS high-speed burst
- 3-inch touchscreen LCD display
- 1080p full HD video
- Movie Servo AF continuous subject tracking
- 8% reduction of body size than older models
- remote operation of the smartphone