Adorama has a limited time offer on three bundle deals. All bundles come with Canon PIXMA Pro-100 photo printer, Canon paper, Lowepro shoulder bag, and a Lexar 32GB memory card. The bundles are discounted by instant discounts plus mail-in rebates.
- Canon Rebel T6i with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM on sale at $649 after IR/MIR
- Canon Rebel SL1 with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM on sale at $399 after IR/MIR
- Canon PowerShot S120 on sale at $249 after IR/MIR
If you are comfortable with mail-in rebates, then these prices are hard to beat.
Top Rated Plus seller AllNewShop (99.5% positive ratings) has the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens on sale at $595. Compare at $999. Free shipping in the US. Please note: this is likely a grey import item.
More Canon deals on eBay. Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM overview after the break.
The Canon Direct Store stocked up all catalogs, and has some pretty good deals on refurbished gear. A selection:
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II on sale at $1,099 (compare at $1,399)
- Canon EOS 5Ds on sale at $2,959 (compare at $3,399)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III on sale at $1,899 (compare at $2,499)
- Canon EOS 6D on sale at $999 (compare at $1,399)
- Canon Rebel T6i with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens on sale at $620 (compare at $749)
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L fisheye lens on sale at $849 (compare at $1,199)
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens on sale at $1,087 (compare at $1,499)
- Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II lens on sale at $,1053 (compare at $1,449)
Be sure to check the refurbished gear listings for the best deals. And be aware that the best deals will not last for long.
Images of the upcoming Nikon D5, the company’s new flagship, have leaked. The Nikon D5 is expected to be announced early 2016, and is rumored to have the following specs:
- Newly developed 20MP FX sensor
- 15 fps burst rate
- Native ISO 102,400
- 153 Auto-Focus points
- 4K video 60/30fps
- Full HD slow motion
The Nikon D5 is the direct competitor to the upcoming Canon EOS-1D X Mark II. Since first images of the Nikon D5 are surfacing, the EOS-1D X Mark II can’t be that far away. We expect the EOS-1D X Mark II to be announced before April 2016, possibly (though I am sceptical) already in January.[via Nikon Rumors]
I reported about Canon suing grey market retailers (see here too). Now Photography Bay, who first broke the news with this story, reports that one of the sued companies, GetItDigital, answered to Canon, denying all of the alleged wrongdoings mentioned by Canon.
Basically, and according to Photography Bay, GetItDigital mentions three defenses against Canon:
- Defense #1 – First Sale Doctrine
- Defense #2 – Laches (Laches is a trusty common law defense)
- Defense #3 – Acquiescence/Estoppel (similar to laches, estoppel is another old common law defense)