Dcwatch (translated) interviewed the managing director and chief executive of Canon’s Image Communication Products Operations, Mr. Masaya Maeda. Google translation from Japanese is pretty poor. However, these appear to be the main points of the interview:
- A new EOS M camera with built-in EVF could arrive in the second half of 2014 .
- The focus on EOS M systems is to keep size down [editor’s note: the new EOS M2 is 8% smaller than the EOS M]
- Hybrid still+video performance is a key aspect on Canon’s future mirrorless cameras development
- There will be new lenses for the EOS M system
- Canon is also considering the possibility to make a more semi pro if not pro mirrorless cameras
- Canon is committed to the EOS Cinema line
camerastuffreview reviewed the Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM lens, Sigma’s latest addition to the “Art” line-up (in stock since a few days at B&H for $899). The lens comes with a pouch and a flower-shaped lens hood, and is highly regarded by reviewer for its build quality and optical performance, not to mention the price tag that makes it affordable for non pros. The Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM is a modern looking lens with great optical properties and build quality that beats the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens (according to the reviewer).
pixelistes (translated) published 9 pics of the Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC lens. The lens is not yet available but you can get notified when it can be pre-ordered or is in stock. If you want to know more about the Tamron 150-600mm a good starting point is the lens brochure (PDF, download here).
The offer expires tomorrow, December 8: Anyone now can get Photoshop and Lightroom via Creative Cloud for $9.99/month. This is your opportunity to step into Adobe’s Photoshop Photography Program for 9.99 a month (12-month commitment).
- Photoshop CC
- Lightroom 5
- 20GB of online storage
- Behance ProSite
- Access to training resources on Creative Cloud Learn
- Ongoing updates and upgrades