Canon EOS 70D
Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Canon USA, Digitalrev, eBay
It took some time but now dpreview’s review of the EOS 70D is online. The review goes over 19 pages, and covers anything you may want to know about the 70D. Some excerpts from the conclusion:
- High ISO shots are quite usable, even above ISO 6400
- [...] the 70D’s Dual Pixel AF offers the most impressive Movie and Live View autofocus we’ve seen from a true SLR.
- With a solid build, good grip, and balanced feel, the 70D has controls well-arrayed for quick access
- [...] it appears [image quality has] improved, with a lower noise floor and lower noise overall than the 60D, and good image quality in both bright and low light.
- Video quality is very good, made better primarily by the 70D’s Dual Pixel AF. Combined with either of the new STM kit lenses, autofocus is smooth, quiet and accurate most of the time.
- [...] crafted for the enthusiast photographer than its predecessor, the Canon EOS 70D is an excellent blend of control and quality in a tight, reasonably affordable package. Anyone looking for better autofocus in video mode need look no further, as the 70D’s Dual Pixel AF offers the most advanced phase-detect autofocus on the market
- Overall, the Canon EOS 70D exceeded our expectations in the autofocus department, and satisfied our needs as a quality enthusiast camera for a wide variety of shooting situations.
The game changing feature of the 70D is the Dual Pixel AF, dpreview has two pages dedicated to this feature. dpreview gave the 70D an overall score of 83% and their Gold Award.