Top Rated Plus eBay seller bigvalueinc (98.3% positive ratings) has the Canon Rebel SL1 with the EF-S 18-5mm IS STM lens for $479. New item in original box. Free shipping.
It was pretty quiet in the last months, we didn’t hear anything about new releases or new supported cameras. But Magic Lantern has a newly designed webpage, that is much easier to navigate than the old one. Still the cameras that are supported by a final release of ML (2.3) are:
- 5D Mark II
After having silently posted all specs a few days ago, Sigma put the page offline, and now online again. So, it has officially landed: the new Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM lens for full-frame DSLRs, latest addition to the “Art” line-up. Although Sigma doesn’t specify neither the price nor the date of availability, we know that the latter is November 2013. After the break all the information about Sigma’s newest.
Four discounted items at B&H – final prices show up after checkout
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III body only – $3099 (click here). Plus you get $175.00 value of accessories + 4% Rewards
- SanDisk 32GB SDHC Extreme Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
- Watson LP-E6 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.4V, 1750mAh)
- Canon 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag
- Oben ACM-2400 4-Section Aluminum Monopod
- Canon EOS 7D (Body Only) – $1299 (click here). Plus $78.90 value of accessories + 4% Rewards
- Canon EOS 7D w/ EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens – $1599 (click here)
- Canon EOS T5i with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens – $799 (click here). Plus $68.90 value of accessories + 4% Rewards
- Canon EOS T5i w/ EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM – $1019 (click here). Plus $68.90 value of accessories + 4% Rewards
More and more photography sites are testing the Canon EOS 70D, having a particularly sharp eye on its auto-focus performance. The EOS 70D’s Dual Pixel AF performance is so good that dpreview says it outperforms conventional AF.
[…] very impressed with the 70D’s AF functionality. It may be the best AF out there among cameras with larger sensors. This includes the Sony A77 and mirrorless cameras that [they have] used to date. While the A77 is fast and accurate, the autofocus can be a little too “jumpy” at times when shooting video. The 70D moves slow and more natural (like a camcorder) so that the AF isn’t as jarring as it sometimes is with the A77
The video above was made by them. And I totally agree when they say that “the 70D is looking like it’s the best APS-C camera that Canon has released since the 7D“. Well, yes, it is.
Although the EF 50mm f/1.8 II is most probably not the lens you want to use on an EOS 6D (let alone the no name memory card), the deal is still more than $100 below the regular price. Take also in account that the EF 50mm f/1.8 alone sells for approx. $100 (best selling lens on Amazon’s lens best sellers). Top Rated Plus eBay seller getitdigital (99.5% positive ratings) has this EOS 6D kit on sale for $1,791.99 (click here). Canon USA model, USA warranty, free shipping, and limited quantity.