I (thanks) and others have been notified that the NDAs (non disclosure agreements) for the EOS 7D replacement will expire early September.
CR speculates the dates could be either September 9 (Tuesday) or September 12 (Friday), 2014. They also got rumor that a new telephoto lens could be announced along with the EOS 7D replacement.
I always thought that the rumored announcement date in August was a bit weird. It’s hard to differentiate serious rumors from the rest. Photokina 2014 starts September 16, 2014, so an announcement during the first weeks of September makes sense.
I made a big mistake reading the patent. Thanks to DicaHub I can correct it. The patent is not for a 400mm lens with built-in extender, but for a 1.4x extender for lenses that do not support contrast AF. With such lenses a “wobbling” effect can appear when shooting video. The patent refers to an extender with movable elements to suppress the “wobbling” effect.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-115410
- Publication date 2014.6.26
- Filing date 2012.12.7
- Master lens
- Focal length f = 390.09mm
- Fno. 2.90
- Half angle ω = 2.01 °
- Image height Y = 13.66mm
- The overall length of the lens 367.66mm
- BF 44.00mm
- 15 pieces of 11-group lens configuration
- Two fluorite
- Example 1
- Focal length f =-226.69mm
- 1.41x magnification
- Five 4-group lens configuration
- One piece of one sided aspherical
That’s a great deal Adorama put online, and it expires today, June 30.
Get the Canon Rebel SL1 with a 16GB SDHC memory card, a camera bag, and the Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Photo Printer – all for just $383 after $400 mail-in rebate. This is how it works:
- get the Rebel SL1 bundle (click here) – there is $150 instant rebate, final price is $449
- add the Canon PIXMA PRO-100 to the purchase – click here
- total price to pay for SL1 bundle and printer at checkout: $783
- claim $400 mail-in rebate – final price is $383
Great deal, hurry up it’s just for today!