To be honest I am not 100% sure I got this right, since I read Google’s automatic translation.
However, Egami (translated) spotted a patent filed by Canon that visually guides you thru the in camera display system while manual focusing (fine focusing, I suppose). Any help to better understand this patent would be appreciated.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-89329
- Publication date 2014.5.15
- Filing date 2012.10.30
- Canon patents
- I get information on the rotation direction of the focus ring
- I get the image of the near side and the image of the far side of the optimum than the current position
- I displays an image corresponding to the direction of rotation of the focus ring
- Upon detecting the rotation of the focus ring, to release the image display