Canon’s new EOS 100D (Rebel SL1 in USA) and EOS 700D (Rebel T5i in USA) can be pre-ordered at Amazon:
- Germany (and Austria, Switzerland):
This news surfaced on the web, on a site I didn’t know before. They suggest that “according to information portals” the price tag of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III (price & specs) will be lowered after April 9th, and that it is related to the announcement of the Canon EOS 7D Mark II, the eagerly awaited successor of the Canon EOS 7D (price & specs). The EOS 7D Mark II is said to have a price tag below $1800.
I am somewhat perplexed, since none of my sources ever told me or can confirm this.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III price check: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Canon USA, J&R, Digitalrev, Borrow Lenses, eBay, rent it here
Canon EOS 7D price check: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Canon USA, J&R, Digitalrev, Borrow Lenses, eBay, rent it here
Latest EOS 70D rumors suggest an announcement on April 23 for the successor of the highly popular Canon EOS 60D (price & specs).
It appears that Canon sent out invites for a press event on April 23, though there is nothing official yet. The only additional information we have is that the new sensor featured on the Canon Rebel SL1/EOS 100D could be featured also on the Canon EOS 70D. An announcement at the end of April is plausible.
- Continuous Lighting Setup – a video tutorial featuring the Canon EOS-1D C (B&H or Adorama, or rent it here) –> read it here
- Canon EOS-1D C (B&H or Adorama, or rent it here) Review by The Delivery Men –> read it here
- Is Canon invading Pentax’s turf? –> read it here
- Review: PocketWizard Plus X Transceiver –> read it here
- Canon S110 review: Canon trades GPS for instant sharing—can the camera giant master Wi-Fi at last? –> read it here
- Fashion a Mold to Cast Your Own Canon Shutter Release Cable Connectors –> read it here
- “There’s Too Many Cameras on the Market” –> read it here
- Taiwan market: Canon launches camcorders Cinema EOS C500, C100 and DSLR EOS-1D C –> read it here
- Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Hands-On Review (EOS 100D) –> read it here
- How to connect an external microphone to a Canon camcorder –> read it here
- –> read it here