Adorama has new instant rebates on select Sigma lenses, saving goes now up to $200 (previously $150):
- EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM
- EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
- EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
- EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXTENDER 1.4x
Wide Angle Primes
- TS-E 17mm f/4L
- TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
- EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
- EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
- EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
- EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- EF 50mm f/1.8 II
- EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro
- EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
- EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
- TS-E 90mm f/2.8
- EF 100mm f/2 USM
- EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
- EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- EF 135mm f/2.0L USM
- EF 200mm f/2L II USM
- EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM
- EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
After Sigma, also Tamron issued a product advisory for some of their lenses having problems with live view mode on the Canon EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R.
Tamron press release:
A notice regarding compatibility issues with the EOS 5Ds and the EOS 5DsR, and availability of firmware update service (JUNE 2015)
Dear users and potential purchasers of Tamron interchangeable lenses for Canon. Thank you for being a valued customer of Tamron products.
We have learned that the AF functions of the following interchangeable lenses for Canon do not function in Live View mode when used on the EOS 5Ds and EOS 5DsR which went on sale in June 2015. We sincerely apologize to all users and potential purchasers for any inconvenience the issue may cause.
Firmware update service is already available as this is the same case when EOS Rebel T6s and the EOS Rebel T6i were released. Also, Model A011 with the latest firmware for panning shot treatment is compatible and functions properly with these new cameras.
*Please see below for the previous firmware update service announcement regarding EOS Rebel T6s and EOS Rebel T6i and the firmware update service for SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A011） for panning shot.
- SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A012）
- SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009）
- SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A011）
- SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD（Model F004）
- 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD (Model A010）
- 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO (Model B016）
For those who require firmware update service, please contact our service department.
If you’re not an Adobe CC subscriber then you didn’t get the Dehaze feature with the latest Adobe Lightroom update. The Dehaze tool is available only for Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC, and not for Lightroom 6. If you never heard about Dehaze have a look at the short video above.
There is a way to have Dehaze in Lightroom 6, it comes as a preset and it is free. Prolost released Prolost Dehaze for Lightroom 6.1, a series of presets that give you intuitive, visual access to the new Dehaze feature without requiring a Creative Cloud subscription. You can download the preset for free.[via Photography Bay via PetaPixel]
The Canon Direct Store has special rebates on refurbished gear for Independence Day. Some examples:
- Canon EOS 6D on sale for $1,099
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III on sale for 2,199
- Canon EOS 70D on sale for $749.99
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS on sale for $639.99
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L on sale for $639.99
There is more. The Canon Store has a special sales event for July, 4th, with instant saving up to $550 on select Canon DSLR kits and bundles.
When the Live View Mode button on the camera body is pressed, the operation stops without displaying images on the rear LCD monitor.
Good to know
- If your lens was updated to be compatible with the EOS 760D / 750D, then it will also work with the 5DS / 5DS R.
- Lenses shipped after May 11, 2015, already have the new firmware and will work in Live View with any current Canon DSLR.
- Users of the 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports – the only Global Vision lens to be affected by this issue, see list below – can do this at home using the USB Dock and Sigma Optimization Pro.
|Current models||Serial numbers|
|Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM||No. 12651501 or later|
|Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM||No. 13044001 or later|
|Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM||No. 12713001 or later|
|Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM||No. 12902001 or later|
|Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports||No. 50064494 to 50347793|
|Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM||No. 12669751 or later|
|Discontinued models||Serial numbers|
|Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM||No. 12665001 or later|
|Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM||No. 12851001 or later|
|Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM||No. 12656101 or later|
|Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 APO EX DC OS HSM||No. 12839001 or later|
|Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM||No. 12676440 or later|
|Sigma 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 APO DG OS HSM||No. 12971601 or later|