Metabones® announced a new Canon EF to MFT Speed Booster adapter with the following features:
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Build-in electronics to control lens aperture.
- The lens aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Powered by camera body. no external power source required. (also accept 3rd party external power supply via MicroUSB socket)
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending)
|EF lensesImage stabilization (IS) lensesElectronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)Distance and zoom display on camcorders (see note 1)Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)
Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount (see note 2)
External 5 Volt power supply (see note 6)
|Autofocus EF-S lenses (some EF-S lenses may need modification)Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortionFocus confirmation “chip” (e.g. Dandelion)M42 screw mount adapters (see note 4)Stacking non-Metabones/non-Conurus mount adapters on top (see note 5 and list of lenses which require modification below.)|