- EOSHD shootout – Nikon D5200 vs 5D Mark III from Andrew Reid on Vimeo. Nikon D5200 vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III (specs&price) –> read it here
Aputure V-Control – USB Focus Controller for Canon EOS 1D Mark IV (specs&price),EOS 5D Mark III (price & specs), EOS 5D Mark II (price & specs), EOS 7D (price & specs), EOS 60D (price & specs), EOS 600 (price & specs):
- Main Features:
- Worlds 1st mode-switching USB focus device
- Total exposure control (shutter, aperture, ISO, EC)
- Total live-view control
- Compatible with many accessories
- LCD display for adjustment settings
- Multiple focus options in still mode
- Four focus point presets in video mode
- Two USB ports for ergonomic flexibility
- Simple operation & easy portability
- Canon Celebrates the Power of Image in Fashion. Core facts:
- Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions and Imaging Partner of the British Fashion Council, is participating in 12 exciting initiatives underway as part of its official sponsorship of London Fashion Week and London Fashion Weekend.
- Aimed at celebrating the Power of Image and sharing Canon’s imaging expertise with the fashion industry, the projects include collaboration with outstanding photographers, designers and bloggers.
- Highlights of the Canon initiatives are captured in behind-the-scene insights revealed in a series of Canon video interviews by seasoned fashion blogger Andy Torres from StyleScrapbook.com.
- Leading professional photographer Clive Booth also explains what it means to be a fashion photographer and the creation story behind British designer Henry Holland’s look book; the iconic image portfolio that defines a designer’s collection.
- Canon Europe also worked with three other designers – David Koma, Michael van der Ham and Holly Fulton – to create their own images and look books, which have also been published on Canon printers, allowing designers to start using them immediately after the event.
- New collection look books are also used at other European Fashion Weeks by the designers in marketing their collections.
- As Official Imaging Partner for the British Fashion Council and Official Sponsor of London Fashion Week for eight years, Canon has offered support to photographers throughout the week via its Canon Professional Services (CPS) photographers’ centre with a team of technicians handing questions, and providing camera repair services and loan facilities.
- Canon has also been providing a free bus for all accredited photographers to travel between London Fashion Week venues.
- As the Digital Showcasing Partner, Canon Europe has also screened fashion show content for visitors in the Canon Cinema and the Canon Screening Room in Somerset House.
- Further initiatives are planned for London Fashion Weekend, during which the Canon Studio will allow visitors to take part in a personalised photo shoot, while working with Elizabeth Arden to provide a truly memorable makeover experience.
- Canon will also provide a range of photography opportunities and experiences to student photographers and the 2012 winners of the Canon Professional Services’ ‘Best Shot’ competition.
- London Fashion Week (15-19 February) is the biggest event on the British fashion calendar, with over 5,000 visitors at this year’s event.
- How Canon is fighting the smartphone, Alok Bharadwaj, executive vice-president of Canon India says:
- “Canon is launching more wi-fi enabled compact cameras – which have larger bandwidth than 3G-enabled smartphones. Besides, cameras still have better picture quality in terms of depth and size due to a better processor and optical zoom. Thus, while smartphones will continue to be multi-functional, we will continue to pack our cameras with more innovative features – like cameras for cinematographers.” –> read it here
- Get lost in a stunning 320-gigapixel image of London:
How well do you know the landmarks of London? Get up close and personal with a stunning 320-gigapixel image of the city captured atop the BT Tower.
Snapped by panorama experts 360Cities, the epic photography endeavor required the use of four Canon EOS 7D (price & specs) dSLR cameras outfitted with some heavy-duty equipment.
Each camera used an EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens, Extender EF 2x III teleconverter, and a Rodeon VR Head ST robotic panorama head. After shooting 48,640 individual pictures over the course of three days (shortly after the 2012 Olympics), 360Cities spent the next several months assembling and stitching together the final gargantuan image.
- One Day With A Macro Lens –> read it here
- LIFE AS A FASHION BLOGGER WITH CANON –> read it here
- 6 Tips on How to Reuse Dried Up Canon Ink Cartridges –> read it here
- Photography – Perhaps It’s About The Limitations –> read it here
- Canon launches 2013 line of PIXMA all-in-one inkjet printers –> read it here
Support Canon Watch! I love to bring you all the latest news about everything that's related to Canon, and to photography. If you like what I am doing here, then consider buying your gear by clicking my affiliate links. You won't pay a penny more and I get a small commission that helps keep the site going. I only link well known and reputable sellers. Thank you for your support!