You are browsing the archive for 100d Archives - CanonWatch.
Canon released the white Rebel SL1/EOS 100D with white 18-55mm IS STM lens for the European market. Availability from May 2014 and a price around £499/€599.
Canon press release:
Canon unveils white editions of EOS 100D and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens
United Kingdom, 16 April 2014 – Canon today introduces a new white edition of the world’s smallest and lightest APS-C DSLR , the EOS 100D, as well as a new white version of its EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens. Ideal for first time users looking to explore the world of DSLR photography, the new editions to the EOS range make it easy for anyone, whatever their skill level, to capture and relive special moments in stunning detail.
Measuring just 116.8 x 90.7 x 69.4mm, the EOS 100D is compact enough to always carry with you and features an 18 MP APS-C Hybrid CMOS AF II sensor and a range of simple controls and automatic shooting modes, making capturing stunning images and Full HD movies effortless. The incredibly lightweight and compact body provides a traditional DSLR shooting experience while the large 7.7cm (3.0”) ClearView II touch screen, makes it easy to adjust settings and review images straight after capture.
The white EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is the perfect partner for the new EOS 100D, providing the flexibility to capture everyday subjects from sweeping landscapes to close-up portraits. An Optical Image Stabilizer ensures images are captured with impressive detail and clarity, while the near-silent STM technology also ensures noise is kept to a minimum whilst focusing in movies.
More after the break.
A bunch of good deals on eBay.
- Top Rated Plus seller getitdigital (99.4% positive ratings) has the Rebel SL1/EOS 100D on sale for $469.99. USA model and warranty, free shipping in the US.
- Top Rated Plus and Canon USA authorized seller pmidigital (100% positive ratings) has the Canon EOS 6D on sale for $1559.75. USA model and warranty, free shipping in the US.
- Top Rated Plus seller bestpriceoptices (99.8% positive ratings) has the Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide Angle Lens on sale for 269.99. Free shipping in the US.
Compact TTL Housing for Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera
True TTL Exposure
TTL or “Through-The-Lens” flash metering means the camera controls flash duration to properly expose an image. Unlike fiber optic systems, which attempt to copy the behavior of the camera’s built-in flash, this unique housing for the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 provides direct, electrical transmission of this TTL signal to the strobe*.
Since the camera is talking directly to the strobe, the camera’s built-in flash does not need to fire. This dramatically increases battery life and virtually eliminates the recycle lag, allowing the camera to be triggered in more rapid succession than with optical-based systems. When shooting a fast moving object, this make the difference between going home with the shot or just talking about it. Additionally, in-line communication between the strobe and the camera completely eliminates signal interference and false triggering caused by light rays bouncing off the water’s surface or your buddy’s flash going off.
Amazon is again listing the Canon Rebel SL1/EOS 100D (body only) at $369 (click here). Price shows up after having added the item to the cart. The SL1 is listed as out of stock, but you can order it now and then get it delivered for the price you paid. This is an exceptionally good price for a DSLR that normally sells at least at $450.
The folks over at reviewed.com made a guide to the best Canon DSLRs for various types of photographers. In short:
- Best Canon DSLR for Beginners: Canon Rebel SL1 , excerpt:
- From a feature perspective, the SL1 and the T5i are very similar. The T5i has the advantage of an articulating LCD that flips away from the body for framing at odd angles, shoots slightly faster (5 frames per second vs. 4fps with the SL1), and uses a slightly more advanced autofocus system. While these are differences, they’re not major, and we recommend saving the money and going with the SL1
- Best Canon DSLR for Video: Canon EOS 5D Mark III or Canon EOS 70D, excerpt:
- For everyday consumers who just want a DSLR that will simply be a good video camera when necessary, the EOS 70D is the way to go. At $1,199.99 body-only, it’s cheaper than both the EOS 6D and the 5D Mark III. There’s a reason for that: it has a smaller APS-C image sensor, so video quality isn’t quite as good, especially in low light. The 70D does have one trick that no other camera offers, though: Dual Pixel autofocus. Dual Pixel AF is a revolutionary rethinking of how a DSLR focuses when shooting video, turning almost the entire sensor into one big AF unit. It’s fast, accurate, practically silent[…]
- Best Canon DSLR for the Money: Rebel T4i/650D, excerpt:
- If you’re in the market for a DSLR from Canon’s Rebel lineup, the Rebel T5i is currently the top of the line. Don’t buy it. The T5i is one of the least significant updates we’ve seen in recent memory, with no real upgrades over the Rebel T4i that it replaced. The major change? A mode dial that now turns a full 360° instead of stopping at either end. That’s pretty much it. Okay, the grip is now also made of a different rubber material that feels identical but doesn’t wear off as easily.
- Best Canon DSLR for Advanced Shooters: Canon EOS 70D, excerpt:
- Unlike the Rebel T5i, Canon really went back to the drawing board on this one, including the revolutionary Dual Pixel AF technology in the 70D. Dual Pixel AF is a drastic rethinking of how a DSLR focuses during live view and video recording, offering true Camcorder-esque focus performance for the first time in a DSLR. It’s remarkable.In addition, the 70D includes an excellent 98% coverage viewfinder, shoots continuously up to 7fps, has an articulated LCD, built-in WiFi, a secondary LCD on the top of the camera, and a 19-point (all cross-type) autofocus system. The 70D is Canon’s best high-end APS-C camera […]
- Best Canon DSLR For Professionals: Canon EOS 1D X, excerpt:
- While it might seem obvious to go with Canon’s top shelf DSLR when recommending a professional-caliber camera, there’s really no doubt that the EOS 1D X […] is the best option. The 1D X is a multimedia powerhouse built for the working professional, specifically sports, action, fashion, and news photographers. From a performance perspective the 1D X is the best camera in Canon’s lineup, with over 13 stops of dynamic range, continuous shooting up to 14 frames per second (12fps RAW+JPEG), and some of the best autofocus tracking that we’ve ever seen.
Some of the mentioned cameras have very good deals that are alive (more today deals here):
- HOT: B&H has the Canon EOS 70D with EF-S 18-135mm IS STM and a 16GB memory card, the PIXMA Pro-100 printer with paper and a camera bag is on sale for $1249 (click here) after a $400 mail-in rebate.
- Adorama has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III with Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L Image Stabilized Lens and the PIXMA Pro-100 photo printer for $3347 (click here) after checkout and mail-in rebate. You have to click “Buy Together and Save” and then add the Pixma Pro100 printer.