You are browsing the archive for 14mm Archives - CanonWatch.
Price drop for the Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide Angle Lens: it is now $299 (click here). It was $329.
B&H has the Canon CN-E 14mm T3.1 L F Cinema Prime Lens in stock and ready to ship for whooping $5,220 (click here), but then: this is a high grade professional cine lens.
The Canon CN-E 14mm T3.1 L F Cinema Prime Lens is an ultra wide-angle prime lens for the full-frame sensor format, which makes it an ideal lens for the Cinema EOS series and all Canon DSLRs. The maximum aperture is T3.1, and the 11 blade iris ensures beautiful, rounded bokeh. The lens features markings on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read settings from behind or on either side of the camera. In order to make lens changes quicker and easier, the 14mm T3.1 is designed to share similar dimensions with other CN-E lenses.
- Full-frame imaging circle
- 11-blade aperture diaphragm
- Designed to fulfill 4K production standards
- Markings on angled surfaces on both sides of the barrel
- Focus markings can be switched from standard labeling to metric
- Control rings engineered to maintain consistent operating torque
- Glass construction counteracts temperature induced marking discrepancies
- Shares gear position, diameter, and rotation angle with other CN-E lenses
- 114mm front diameter matches other CN-E lenses
- Ideal for Cinema EOS cameras and all EOS DSLRs
New lenses in stock at B&H and Adorama.
Let’s start with the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD lens, sold for $1,499 (click here). Limited stock available. The core specs:
- 70-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor
- Advanced Vibration Compensation
- Extra Low Dispersion Lens
- Moisture Resistant Construction
- Compact Design
The lens can also be pre-ordered at Adorama (click here).
The core specs:
- 90mm Macro Prime Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- 1:1 Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Vibration Compensation
- Internal Focus System
- Ultrasonic Silent Motor Drive
- eBAND Hybrid Lens Coating
- Extra-low Dispersion Optical Elements
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
Finally, it is worth to note that the Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide Angle has a $50 instant rebate, and is sold for $329 (click here). Core specs:
- For Canon EOS Digital SLR Cameras
- Manual Focus – Fixed f/2.8 Aperture
- Optimized for APS-C Size Sensors
- 89° Angle of View (APS-C)
- 114° Angle of View (Full Frame)
- 14 Elements/12 Groups Construction
- Two Aspherical & Two ED Lens Elements
- Close Focusing Down to 11″ (0.28 m)
Canon just announced two new Cinema Prime Lenses: 135mm T2.2 and 14mm T3.1)?
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., August 29, 2012 – Further contributing to the evolution of the motion picture industry, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the development of two new cinema prime lenses, the 14mm T3.1 cinema prime lens and 135mm T2.2 cinema prime lens, adding to the Cinema EOS lineup consisted of 11 EF Cinema Lenses.
Both the 14mm T3.1 and 135mm T2.2 cinema prime lenses will be engineered for exceptional optical performance for Canon's latest large-format single-sensor 4K and 2K digital cinematography cameras. As part of the Cinema EOS System, the lenses will be compatible with standard sensor sizes including Super 35mm, the standard format in the motion picture industry, as well as HD-compatible EOS Digital SLR cameras using 35mm full frame, APS-H and APS-C image sensors.