You are browsing the archive for 24mm Archives - CanonWatch.
Buydig has the Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 lens on sale for $549. That’s more than $100 off the regular price. Note that the final price shows up after having added the item to the cart. Plus you get two free bonuses: a Hoya NXT UV 72MM Multi Coated Slim Frame Glass Filter a 3 pieces lens cleaning kit. And there is a 4% reward. Found the deal via dealsrunner.
Product description after the break.
A rumor about new “L” grade Canon tilt-shift lenses surfaced. It has word that there will be an “L” lens to replace the TS-E 45mm f/2.8. There is more: the TS-E 90mm f/2.8 will be replaced with a TS-E 135mm f/2.8L. Moreover, it appears that Canon is designing a new tilt-shift mechanism for this kind of lenses. It does not appear that the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II will be replaced.
Amazon UK has this Lightning Deal today: The Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L II tilt-shift lens for £1,484 (see it on dealsrunner). That’s 13% off the regular price. It’s live now and it will last for almost 6 hours.
A bunch of deals at Adorama
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens & EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens instead of $899 click “Buy together and Save” and add the printer and paper. Final price after Mail in Rebate is $549 (click here). Free shipping and earn 2% Adorama Rewards
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i with 18-135mm IS Lens & 55-250mm IS II Lens, 16GB SDHC Memory Card, Camera Bag instead of $1399 click “Buy together and Save” and add the printer paper, flash drive and software. Final price after Mail in Rebate is $999.05 (click here). Free shipping and earn 2% Adorama Rewards.
- Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 Aspherical Wide Angle Lens instead of $599 on sale for $499.00 (click here). Expires Sunday
- PowerShot SX500 IS (16MP, 30x Optical Zoom, 24mm Wide-Angle Lens, 720p HD Video, and Intelligent Image Stabilization) instead of $239.00 on sale for $224.95 (click here) with a free Canon Pixma MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer ($50 value)
- Fast Wide-Angle Lens
- Full-Frame Coverage
- Geared Focus and Aperture Rings
- “Declicked” Aperture Ring
- Aspherical Lens Elements
- UMC Multi-Coating
- Detachable Petal Shaped Lens Hood
The Phoblographer reviewed the Rokinon/Samyang/Bower Tilt-Shift 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC lens. This inexpensive, manual-focus tilt-shift lens is a good alternative to the brand-products. Optical quality is good, and if you can live with a manual focus lens (not really a problem on a TS lens), then the Rokinon is a valid alternative for those on a budget. They tested the Nikon-mount version, but did it using an EOS 5D Mark II through an adapter.
In the conclusion they write:
What this Rokinon has done is open the floodgates to the world of Perspective Control imagery for photographers that have otherwise avoided these magnificent lenses due to to the sheer cost of them. For instance, Canon’s mkII version of the 24mm f3.5L TS-E costs a whopping $2200, a full $1200 MORE than the Rokinon. When you consider what they have accomplished with their lens and delivered it for under $1k, I find that to be pretty astonishing personally. [...] I have to say though, I am slightly conflicted over this lens. I think that it is a great opportunity for photographers who are new to tilt-shift photography to get into it, and for those of us on a budget it allows us to have a pretty decent lens for the price of entry.
The review comes with lots of sample pictures.
[via The Phoblographer]