- High performance, fast F1.4 aperture, “standard” 50mm prime lens with Full Frame Sensor Coverage
- Specialized Ultra Multi-Coating (UMC) improves light transmission and reduces ghosting and flare
- Internal Focusing design (IF) provides non rotating 77mm filter threads and close focusing to 17.7 Inches
- Hybrid Aspherical and Aspherical lens elements control aberrations for clear and color-accurate images
- Equipped with an 8 Blade Circular Diaphragm for pleasing Bokeh and a large rubberized focusing ring for quiet and silky smooth control of focus
Canon patent for a neat lens. An image-stabilised Canon 50mm f/3.5 IS maco lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras. And yes, there are rumors about a Canon full-frame mirrorless camera. The latest of those rumors says Canon’s full-frame mirrorless camera has been delayed because of mount-related issues.
Patent Publication No. 2015-215494
- Published 2015.12.3
- Filing date 2014.5.12
- Focal length 48.58
- F-number 3.50
- Half angle (in degrees) 24.01
- Image height 21.64
- Overall length of the lens 85.71
- BF 27.79
Please note: this is not a grey import item, it’s a demo unit. It is an US market product and it comes with an US warranty. The seller says:
As one of the largest Sigma dealers in the USA we are happy to offer this great lens at a super price. It comes with the USA Warranty.
We had an in store demo and these were shown and put back in the box. Because of this we won’t sell them as new never opened
If you are buying on eBay, you may be interested to know that Canon is suing grey import retailers. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM “Art” lens overview after the break.