The folks over at reviewed.com made a guide to the best Canon DSLRs for various types of photographers. In short:
- Best Canon DSLR for Beginners: Canon Rebel SL1 , excerpt:
- From a feature perspective, the SL1 and the T5i are very similar. The T5i has the advantage of an articulating LCD that flips away from the body for framing at odd angles, shoots slightly faster (5 frames per second vs. 4fps with the SL1), and uses a slightly more advanced autofocus system. While these are differences, they’re not major, and we recommend saving the money and going with the SL1
- Best Canon DSLR for Video: Canon EOS 5D Mark III or Canon EOS 70D, excerpt:
- For everyday consumers who just want a DSLR that will simply be a good video camera when necessary, the EOS 70D is the way to go. At $1,199.99 body-only, it’s cheaper than both the EOS 6D and the 5D Mark III. There’s a reason for that: it has a smaller APS-C image sensor, so video quality isn’t quite as good, especially in low light. The 70D does have one trick that no other camera offers, though: Dual Pixel autofocus. Dual Pixel AF is a revolutionary rethinking of how a DSLR focuses when shooting video, turning almost the entire sensor into one big AF unit. It’s fast, accurate, practically silent[…]
- Best Canon DSLR for the Money: Rebel T4i/650D, excerpt:
- If you’re in the market for a DSLR from Canon’s Rebel lineup, the Rebel T5i is currently the top of the line. Don’t buy it. The T5i is one of the least significant updates we’ve seen in recent memory, with no real upgrades over the Rebel T4i that it replaced. The major change? A mode dial that now turns a full 360° instead of stopping at either end. That’s pretty much it. Okay, the grip is now also made of a different rubber material that feels identical but doesn’t wear off as easily.
- Best Canon DSLR for Advanced Shooters: Canon EOS 70D, excerpt:
- Unlike the Rebel T5i, Canon really went back to the drawing board on this one, including the revolutionary Dual Pixel AF technology in the 70D. Dual Pixel AF is a drastic rethinking of how a DSLR focuses during live view and video recording, offering true Camcorder-esque focus performance for the first time in a DSLR. It’s remarkable.In addition, the 70D includes an excellent 98% coverage viewfinder, shoots continuously up to 7fps, has an articulated LCD, built-in WiFi, a secondary LCD on the top of the camera, and a 19-point (all cross-type) autofocus system. The 70D is Canon’s best high-end APS-C camera […]
- Best Canon DSLR For Professionals: Canon EOS 1D X, excerpt:
- While it might seem obvious to go with Canon’s top shelf DSLR when recommending a professional-caliber camera, there’s really no doubt that the EOS 1D X […] is the best option. The 1D X is a multimedia powerhouse built for the working professional, specifically sports, action, fashion, and news photographers. From a performance perspective the 1D X is the best camera in Canon’s lineup, with over 13 stops of dynamic range, continuous shooting up to 14 frames per second (12fps RAW+JPEG), and some of the best autofocus tracking that we’ve ever seen.
Some of the mentioned cameras have very good deals that are alive (more today deals here):
- HOT: B&H has the Canon EOS 70D with EF-S 18-135mm IS STM and a 16GB memory card, the PIXMA Pro-100 printer with paper and a camera bag is on sale for $1249 (click here) after a $400 mail-in rebate.
- Adorama has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III with Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L Image Stabilized Lens and the PIXMA Pro-100 photo printer for $3347 (click here) after checkout and mail-in rebate. You have to click “Buy Together and Save” and then add the Pixma Pro100 printer.