TAMRON ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF ACCESSORY THAT ENABLES FIRMWARE UPDATES AND CUSTOMIZED SETUPS FOR SELECTED LENSES
Tamron TAP-in Console™TM (Model TAP-01)
February 22, 2016, Commack, New York – announces the launch of the Tamron TAP-in Console™ (Model TAP-01), a new lens accessory that enables firmware updating and customized setups for selected Tamron lenses. The TAP-in Console™ is expected to be available in March. The price will be announced shortly.
For the first time, customers can update firmware in selected Tamron lenses and customize various lens functions to meet their needs simply by attaching a Tamron TAP-in Console™ and running the Tamron TAP-in Utility software on their PC or Mac. Previously, firmware updates could be performed only at a Tamron Customer Service Center. Using the new accessory and an internet connection, customers can access a dedicated website and update firmware themselves anytime, anywhere. In addition, selected lenses can be customized by changing various settings (described below) to match the customer’s preferences based on how they like to use the lens, making it even more versatile and user-friendly.
1. Custom Options
With a Tamron TAP-in Console™, customers can do the following things.
- Update firmware
- Update the firmware of compatible lenses
- Update the firmware of the TAP-in Console™ itself
- Customize functions of selected lenses
- Focus adjustment
- Focus distance limiter customization (only for lenses that have the Focus Limiter feature)
- Full-time Manual Focus override customization (only for lenses that have the Full-time Manual Focus feature)
- VC adjustment (only for any lenses with VC)
- Save customized data files