Canon patent application 2019-087397 (Japan) discusses how to make IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation) work with lens-based image stabilisation. Not an easy task, I guess.
Given the quantity of Canon lenses with IS it was to expect that Canon is interested to make IBIS wok with image-stabilised lenses.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files