If you still wonder if the L-mount is to be taken seriously, be assured it is. Sigma thinks it is, and announces an L-mount version of 11 of their Art lenses. They also announced the Sigma Mount Converter MC-21, which allows you to mount Canon EF lenses on an L-mount system.
Sigma Announces Art Prime Lenses in L-Mount & Mount Converter MC-21
The new products include 11 Art prime lenses for full-frame cameras in L-Mount and a converter for Sigma’s SA mount and Canon EF mount lenses on L-Mount camera bodies.
Ronkonkoma, NY – February 26, 2019 –Sigma Corporation of America, a leading still photo and cinema lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, today announced 11 of its Art prime lenses will soon be available in L-Mount. Sigma also announced the launch of the Sigma Mount Converter MC-21, which will allow Sigma’s SA mount and Canon EF mount lenses to be used on the L-Mount camera bodies. The expansion of the beloved Sigma prime lens line along with the MC-21 converter will increase the extensibility of the L-Mount system and further Sigma’s role in the strategic L-Mount Alliance alongside Leica and Panasonic.
Sigma Art Prime Lenses in L-Mount
The L-Mount lineup consists of 11 Art prime lenses for full-frame cameras ranging from 14mm to 135mm, allowing Sigma’s award-winning high-performance lenses to be enjoyed by even more shooters on L-Mount cameras. The lineup features high-speed AF and is fully compatible with AF-C mode, in-camera stabilization and in-camera aberration correction. The native L-mount allows for a much more stable feel than using an adaptor. Additionally, the lenses are equipped with a surface treatment to enhance strength, a brass bayonet mount offering exceptional durability, and rubber sealing at the mount connection for dust- and splash-proof construction.
- Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art ($1,599.00) – World’s First and Only Full-Frame F1.8 Ultra-Wide-Angle
- Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($899.00) – Bright & Sharp Wide-Angle
- Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($849.00) – Front Filter Compatible, Fast-Aperture Wide-Angle
- Sigma 28mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,399.00) – Best in Class Performance
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($899.00) – Groundbreaking Flagship Wide-Angle
- Sigma 40mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,399.00) – Beyond Art Series Performance
- Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($949.00) – Redesigned for High Megapixel DSLRs
- Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG Macro Art ($569.00) – First Macro to Join the Art Line
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,199.00) – Award-Winning Ultimate Portrait Lens
- Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,599.00) – The “Bokeh Master”
- Sigma 135mm F1.5 DG HSM Art ($1,399.00) – Award-Winning Prime with Reach
Sigma Mount Converter MC-21
The Sigma Mount Converter MC-21 allows Sigma’s SA mount and Canon EF mount lenses to be used on L-Mount camera bodies, allowing more freedom of choice for L-Mount cameras from Sigma, Leica and Panasonic. The MC-21 increases the number of interchangeable lenses manufactured by Sigma to be used with the L-Mount system by 29 lenses.