There is no doubt the Canon EOS R3 is going to be announced soon. We just don’t know when. In the meantime the R3 showed up at a certification authority.
The Canon EOS R3 has been registered with wireless certification authority Taiwan NCC. According to Nokishita there are more than one moniker for the EOS R3 since Canon cameras with a 5GHz WiFi module can have up to five different operating frequencies. So, besides the moniker DS126858, also DS126835 and DS126856 (registered with other certification authorities) are likely all pointing to the EOS R3.
The resolution of the upcoming EOS R3 seems to be sure now: it’s 24MP. We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.