The Canon EOS R3 underwent DxOMark’s testing, and scored a high point of 96. And it has the best low light performance of any full frame camera in their database.
Canon EOS R3 at a glance:
- 24MP Full-Frame Stacked BSI CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, Eye Control AF
- 6K60 Raw and 4K120 10-Bit Internal Video
- 30 fps E. Shutter, 12 fps Mech. Shutter
- 5.76m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.2″ 4.2m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Multi-Function Shoe, Built-In Vert. Grip
- CFexpress & SD UHS-II Memory Card Slots
- Wired LAN and 5 GHz Wi-Fi Support
The EOS R3 scores better than the Sony a9II:
The Canon EOS R3 achieved a high DXOMARK sensor score of 96, which puts it ahead in image quality of any previous Canon sensor in our rankings, even in advance of the EOS R5’s 45 MP sensor, albeit by just a tiny fraction (95). Image quality from the Canon EOS R3 is also ahead of its closest market rival, the 24 MP Sony A9II at 93 points in our sensor ‘ranking’.
Best Canon sensor so far, according to DxOMark’s tests. The Canon EOS R3 has…
[…] excellent dynamic range at key low, mid and high sensitivities, it has the best low light performance of any full-frame camera in our database. This makes the Canon EOS R3 a very attractive option for Canon EOS-1DX Mark III users transitioning over to Canon’s mirrorless RF system and it’s a solid option for any photographers new to the Canon brand.
You can download the Canon EOS R3 user manual from Canon. Or you might read it online. A technical brochure about the EOS R3 is available. You can watch the EOS R3 live-stream again here. All EOS R3 coverage is listed here. We put together some interesting videos about the EOS R3, listed here. Be sure to check Gordon Laing’s in-depth review of the EOS R3, part 1 and part 2. Oh, and don’t forget to listen how the R3’s 30fps sound. Canon EOS R3 product description after the break.
All Canon EOS R3 world-wide order links: