Canon SpeedLite 470EX-AI at a glance:
- Auto Intelligent Bounce Head
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Guide Number: 154′ at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (14mm with Panel)
- Tilts Upward 120°, +/- 180° Rotation
- AI.B Full-Auto and AI.B Semi-Auto Modes
- Optical Receiver Mode
- LCD Panel
- AF Assist Beam
- Runs on 4x AA Batteries
Photographer Vanessa Joy walks you through the features of Canon’s Speedlite 470EX-AI at a lively kids’ birthday party. Enjoy.
If you want to know more about the Speedlite 470EX-AI, the Canon Digital Learning Center posted a set of technical/instructional articles.
- What’s New: Speedlite 470EX-AI — Basic Information
- What’s New: Added Control with Speedlite 470EX-AI’s Personal Functions
- What’s New: Speedlite 470EX-AI’s Revolutionary A.I. Bounce
Canon EOS M50 at a glance:
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K and HD 720p120 Video Recording
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- ISO 100-25600, Extended ISO 51200
- Combination 5-Axis Image Stabilization
BNC posted their market statistics for the month of June 2018.
It turns out the Canon EOS M50 (Kiss M in Asia) is the best selling mirrorless camera in Japan. Same as last month.
Among the first 10 cameras, 7 are Canon (the others are Nikon cams). Not bad for a company so heavily criticised and said to be close to extinction.
Canon EOS M50
Australia: Amazon, Adorama, B&H Photo, Digitalrev, eBay Australia, Alibaba
Canada: Amazon Canada, DigitalRev, Adorama, B&H Photo, eBay Canada, Canon Canada, KEH Camera
France: Amazon FR, DigitalRev, eBay FR, Canon France
Germany/Austria/Switzerland: Amazon DE, DigitalRev, eBay DE, Wex Photo Video, Canon Deutschland
Italy: Amazon IT, DigitalRev, eBay IT, Canon Italia
United Kingdom/Ireland: Amazon UK, Park Cameras, Wex Photo Video, DigitalRev, eBay.uk, Canon UK
USA: Amazon, B&H Photo, Digitalrev, eBay, Adorama, KEH Camera, Canon USA
The clip below was shot in Istanbul, Turkey (here another edit, lasting longer). On location with the parkour collective Storror was Samo Vidic, an acclaimed sports photographer and Canon ambassador. Samo used a selection of Canon equipment to photograph and capture Storror’s performance, which included the Canon EOS M50, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 1DX Mark II and EOS C200.
For more information on Canon Europe’s Summer campaign and to watch behind the scenes action, please visit Canon’s dedicated site.
Canon press release:
Canon Europe challenge elite Parkour athletes Storror to cross continents by any means possible
London, UK, Monday 25th June 2018 – Canon Europe has launched its latest campaign, in collaboration with elite Parkour athletes Storror. Filmed in the historic city of Istanbul in Turkey, the campaign encourages people to try a new experiences for the first time and capture it on a Canon camera.
Canon Europe challenged Storror to attempt a bold, exciting and audacious stunt, in this case the athletes turned the cameras on themselves and filmed their adventure free-running across a series of iconic sites in Istanbul, such as the Bosphorus Strait which separates Europe with Asia. The challenge was a remarkable feat of human endurance, skill and agility which will inspire others to try something for the first time.
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II at a glance:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- One Fluorite Element and Two UD Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Internal Focus, Focus Range Limiter
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm