Canon Patent: 35mm f/1.3 Lens With Very Short Back Focus
A new Canon patent was spotted. Will this lens ever hit the shelves? Unlikely in our opinion.
Canon patent application 2023077336 (Japan, published 6/5/23) discusses optical formulas for a 35mm f/1.3 lens.
An object of the present invention is to realize an optical system capable of reducing ghosts in a desired wavelength region in spite of having a large aperture and a small lens.
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
1. Field of the Invention
The present invention relates to an optical system and the like, and is suitable for imaging apparatuses such as digital video cameras, digital still cameras, broadcast cameras, surveillance cameras, cameras for wearable devices, and cameras for mobile devices.
2. Description of the Related Art
There is a demand for a high-performance optical system that reduces the occurrence of ghosts and flares. In order to reduce the occurrence of ghosts and flares, a method of providing an antireflection film on the lens surface is known.
In recent years, optical systems have become larger in diameter and smaller in size, and the opening angle of lenses tends to increase. However, due to problems in manufacturing the antireflection film, the antireflection effect in the periphery of the lens with a large opening angle may be inferior to the antireflection effect in the position on the optical axis.
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
Accordingly, it is an object of the present invention to provide an optical system capable of reducing ghosts, particularly in a desired wavelength region, while having a large aperture and a small lens.
- Focal length: 12.40
- F-value: 1.30
- Half angle of view: 32.82
- Image height: 8.00
- Overall length: 21.76
- Back focus: 0.44
- Focal Length: 33.53
- F-value: 1.30
- Half angle of view: 32.83
- Image height: 21.64
- Overall length: 61.97
- Back focus: 0.29
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- RF 16-28mm lens with either f/2.8, f/2.8-4, or f/4
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files