Skylum released an update for their popular Luminar AI photo editing software. In case you do not know: the AI stands for Artificial Intelligence, and the latest update brings Bokeh AI for your portraits.
At a glance:
- Photo Editing and Raw Image Processing
- Non-Destructive Workflow
- AI Sky Replacement, Structure, Enhance
- AI Skin & Portrait Enhancer
- Smart Contrast, Sunrays, Looks Gallery
- Library Panel for Image Management
- Adjustment Syncing and Batch Processing
- Smart Shortcuts and Luminar Trash
- Can Be Used Standalone or as Plug-In
- Enjoy realistic water reflections when replacing skies
- Finely control the placement of your new Sky and its reflection
- Add ripples on the water for a subtle blur effect
- Have fun placing Sky Objects that you can see and easily select in the dropdown menu
- For macOS 10.13.6 and Later / Windows 10
You can download a demo version of Luminar AI, or buy it with a $10 discount by using our code “WATCH” at checkout (please note: the link opens on the page for 2 Luminar AI licenses; just click on “1-Computer license” to buy one license) m
Here are the most prominent new features coming with the latest Luminar AI update:
Portrait Bokeh AI
The long-awaited Portrait BokehAI feature will help Luminar Creatives achieve dreamy and spectacular portraits. Using artificial intelligence, this tool quickly analyzes the depth of an image, and creates a beautiful background blur in seconds, adding a realistic and dreamy 3D bokeh effect to your portraits.
Bokeh Al creates a beautiful background blur in seconds, adding a realistic and dreamy 3D bokeh effect to your portraits. You can use it to automatically emulate the stunning background haziness of a high-quality lens at maximum aperture; easily add volume, airiness, and depth to your photos; hide imperfections in an unfocused background; and let the subject in your photos stand out
Textures with visual preview
The improved Textures tool gives you incredible new possibilities. In the Local Masking tab, click on +Add and select Textures. Now you can visually browse Textures in the dropdown list and instantly have an idea of what your final result can look like (just like in SkyAI and Augmented SkyAI).
Shifting Horizon Control in SkyAI
In Update 4, you can enjoy significant improvements to the SkyAI tool.There’s now a new slider that correctly adjusts the position of the sky. You can replace the sky and set the desired position of your horizon line thanks to the Shifting HorizonControl slider in the Sky Orientation section. Instead of Vertical Position, Horizontal Position, and Horizon Blending sliders, now there is just one smart control that saves time and is more efficient in getting your replaced Sky Texture exactly where you want it.
And here is a short video explaining Bokeh AI:
You can download a demo version of Luminar AI, or buy it with a $10 discount by using our code “WATCH” at checkout.
More Luminar AI coverage is listed here.