Korean site Dicahub (translated) had the chance to test a pre-production model of the Canon EOS 70D. They provide two videos where they tested the Dual Pixel CMOS AF of the EOS 70D. The video above is interesting: see how the EOS 70D keeps the focus on the subject running towards the camera. The Dual Pixel CMOS AF really works great, it is impressive. Sample shots are also available (click here). They also posted a size comparison between the Canon Rebel SL1 and the Canon EOS 70D. More video and sample pics after the break.
Canon EOS 70D specs:
- 20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Live View
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video with Move Servo AF
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- 19-Point All Cross-Type AF System
- Continuous Shooting Rate Up to 7 fps
- ISO 100-12800 (Expandable to ISO 25600)
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
The pic below shows crops taken from frames from the video on top.