Adorama is giving away the EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS for $559 (click here). For a review see here. It is not a bad lens, although it is not an “L” lens. The offer refers to a “grey market” import. Nothing wrong or illegal with that. Quoting Adorama:
“Grey Market,” also known as “direct import,” are products legally imported directly into the U.S., and not through the manufacturer’s authorized agent/distributor.
There is no difference in the actual products. However Grey Market products purchased from Adorama, are warrantied by Adorama for the same period as the U.S. warrantied products carry, for a period of one year. Grey Market products do not qualify for manufacturer’s rebate programs.
The pros in dpreview’s review:
- Huge 11x focal length range, ideal general purpose and travel lens
- Excellent image stabilization system, consistently delivering three to four stops benefit
- Good central sharpness at all focal lengths (but inconsistent corners)
- Attractive rendition of out-of-focus regions of the image
- Improved build quality in comparison to the 18-55mm and 55-250mm kit lenses
- Well-placed zoom lock switch