Just recently a rumor about new Canon tilt-shift lenses surfaced. 45mm and 90mm are possible candidates for a replacement. The new tilt-shifts could be announced at the end of 2013 and be released in early 2014.
Egami (translated) spotted a patent that fits well with the rumor above. It is not directly related to lens engineering, it considers a method to change the angle of the grid lines in the EVF and in live view mode depending by the amount of tilt that was set.
- Patent Publication No. 2013-81129
- Publication date 2013.5.2
- Filing date 2011.10.5
- Shooting assist functions suitable for tilt lens
- I rotate display grid lines
- The angle information of the tilt lens to determine the angle of the grid lines
- To align in the direction of change of focus, the angle of the grating lines, easy to compose the picture