Great deal at Adorama. For limited time only, save 32% on the excellent Sigma 28mm…
The Nifty-Fifty, the no brainer and must have lens for every Canon shooter, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is discounted for Black Friday.
At a glance:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
More Black Friday listings
- USA: Canon USA | B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon US
- Germany: Amazon Germany | Calumet Photo | Canon Germany
- UK: Amazon UK | Park Cameras UK | Canon UK
Get 20% off handmade Hyperion camera straps with code BlackFriday, or use BlackFridayBuy3 to buy three straps and get the forth for free.
One of the most versatile focal lengths available, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens from Canon is a compact, normal-length prime well-suited to everyday shooting. The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. Individual elements feature a Super Spectra coating to help minimize flare and ghosting to realize greater contrast and color accuracy when working in backlit and harsh conditions. Additionally, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture enables control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Redeveloped physical design incorporates a metal lens mount for durability as well as a re-located focusing ring to maintain a compact form factor.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.