Here is a round-up of hands-on reviews and previews of the brand new Canon RF…
At a glance:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- Three Aspherical & Two UD Elements
- Subwavelength & Air Sphere Coatings
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Internal Focus; Full-Time MF Override
- Fluorine Coating on Exposed Elements
- Dust- and Water-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
ePhotozine posted their review of the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III. a highly regarded, professional wide-angle lens. In the conclusion they write:
We have weather sealing, outstanding performance, solid construction and a very high price. We lose IS, but that may be more acceptable in wide angle lenses. Really the question is not so much is the lens worth the price, it quite probably is, but whether or not our budget can justify the large margin between it and the alternatives.
If that equation can be satisfied for the individual photographer, then certainly the lens will not disappoint. Read the review…
The reviewers praise the excellent sharpness of the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III, the very good correction of chromatic aberrations, the absence of flare, the outstanding build quality and the weather sealing. All this goodness comes at a price, the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III sells at $2,199.